ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it easy to change my changer for ipod/usb connector?

Hi,
2 questions please..

I have a 6 cd changer under the passenger seat, and I read the head unit cannot use both a cd changer and a ipod connector, so if I got the ipod thing, could I just pop the cable from the box under the passenger seat and plug it in that end? (I dont like the thought of me going behind the dash).

2nd question please..
Is the ipod connector thing, is it just for ipods, or can I load tracks onto my usb pen drive and plug that into it?

Ta very much gents.

you must disconnect the changer at the back of the radio,it isnt difficult at all.
you can buy a usb version but only allows memory stick input approx 80,or the ipod version approx 75 or a 3.5mm jack version approx 40

matt

you must disconnect the changer at the back of the radio,it isnt difficult at all.
you can buy a usb version but only allows memory stick input approx 80,or the ipod version approx 75 or a 3.5mm jack version approx 40

matt
Thanks Matt, I do like the thought of the usb version, would you think ites wise to then unwire my cd changer and try an recover some of the £80 cost or just leave it in for resale value?

I dont see the point in writing CD's in audio format if I can play mp3's from my stick which is easy to do (writing of discs seems to take ages on my pc).

depends entirely if your bothered about keeping it for when you come to sell the car,dont think many people leave them in nowadays

i can supply it with 24months warranty at 80 however my suppliers are currently out of stock at the moment

matt

Thanks Matt, im goin keep my eyes peeled for the USB option, drop me a pm when you get them in, you could have a sale if I havnt got one before hand :)