ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it hard to......

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
Swap a 182 gearbox over with another box? Mine has blown and i've got the new 1 and it looks pretty straight forward to swap. Is there anything special you have to do???

Cheers, Jaff

M

mini-valver

You have to take lots off and if the captive bolts spin, its just a pain in the arse. Not a massive job, just annoying.

ValverInBits
no special tools required. Subframe has to be dropped. It can be done in a day. Do the clutch while your there.

There is a guide in the guides section. it's quite old (so page 3 or something)

2005 Nissan Navara
drop the subframe on the passenger side, bring it out that way. you'll need to undo the steering column pinch bolt aswell as all the other obvious s**t in the way.

as above the captive bolts are prone to becoming un-captive! spray them with duck oil the day before. otherwise its grinder time!

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
lol i think i'll leave it for my mate that owns a garage to do it, he's done about 4 clio boxs now. He's just charging me £120 for labour to do the swap, does this sound about right?