ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it just me?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
She grunted. So I told her that the only creatures I know that grunt were Pigs. She had no 'remorse' or any concept of just how retarded or selfish she was. It boiled my piss to be fair, so I came onto the internet at the time to whinge about it (pistonheads bad parking thread) and all was good again in the world.

Fiesta ST200
Hahaha! Brilliant.

Scott, I have just spent ages on there, some of those are incredible. Just incredible.

Clio V6
The response I expected TBH. I remember the day I got my first Vee, had to park up quickly whilst my mate grabbed something from the local shop. Some bint parked next to me and just opened her door till it rubbed against mine then proceeded to lean on it whilst she got her fat arse out. Same response when challenged.

133/225/CLS AMG
I was just raising a point and seeing if I'm the only one that does it. Jesus.

Most car enthusiasts who take pride in there cars do this mate. Just got a few righteous types on here haha.

Personally I look for spaces tucked away that people aren't likely to park by. For example by a wall so you can get the passenger side right up close or by a hatched area so you can park slightly onto it.

It's basically a case of giving the retarded average drive as much room as you possibly can. To minimise them swinging their door into your car or when they make a sh!t attempt to drove front first into a space.

You park like a pleb... Simple as... I understand parking at the nether-regions of the car park because I do it myself, but the spaces are there for a reason! Please use them in future!

133/225/CLS AMG
You park like a pleb... Simple as... I understand parking at the nether-regions of the car park because I do it myself, but the spaces are there for a reason! Please use them in future!

I assume that's to the OP but really who's it harming by parking on a hatched area (shown in the picture) that's not preventing someone else parking. If anything it's giving them more room to the left of that space?

Don't get me wrong in a car park where spaces are at a minimum it's pretty selfish to go over two spaces or block someone. Parking into a hatched area like that is just a risk to the drivers pocket as they tend to dish out parking charges for it. It's not actually affecting anyone else.

Clio V6
Nothing wrong with how he's parked IMO. If it was me I'd probably be a bit further into the space just to avoid looking like a try hard. Being a try hard can attract unwanted attention if you know what I mean ;)

FLOL at the parking above!

OP, I do exactly the same in car parks, hatched areas next to spaces were made for people who care for their car imo.

What you have done though, is a bit sad but not actually a problem IMHO

What's sad about looking after a new car?

When it comes to resale, a buyer could easily knock a few hundred off if there is door dings all over a new-ish car, I would.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I assume that's to the OP but really who's it harming by parking on a hatched area (shown in the picture) that's not preventing someone else parking. If anything it's giving them more room to the left of that space?

Don't get me wrong in a car park where spaces are at a minimum it's pretty selfish to go over two spaces or block someone. Parking into a hatched area like that is just a risk to the drivers pocket as they tend to dish out parking charges for it. It's not actually affecting anyone else.

Why do you think the hatched area the OP is parked on isn't an actual parking space? It's big enough.

To cut down on the number of available spaces in the car park maybe?

Or as said above, for safety and visibility. So parking on it is akin to stopping on the zig-zag lines at a zebra crossing...which the 5-0 deem worth 3 points because it is so f***ing retarded.

Audi TT 225
There is some woman who has the space next to me at work (they are numbered), she has a ford Ka and my TT is quite wide yet she always straddles the line on the side next to me meaning I have to squeeze out each morning or park right over the far side thus creating the same problem on the other side. I couldn't get into my car one day she was that close. I sometimes wish I had a crappy car just to block her door in tbh. I'll take a pic as she has done the same today forcing me to park like a r****d as well.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Shut up. Idiot.

Poor troll. Stick to poetry?

133/225/CLS AMG
Why do you think the hatched area the OP is parked on isn't an actual parking space? It's big enough

Because there is a sign post for a crossing in the hatched area therefore making it too small to be a parking space. I assume they are all measured out at the same width and with that sign post it would be far narrower.

a8a2urem.jpg

Attachments

• a8a2urem.jpg
    a8a2urem.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 45
Why do you think the hatched area the OP is parked on isn't an actual parking space? It's big enough.

To cut down on the number of available spaces in the car park maybe?

Or as said above, for safety and visibility. So parking on it is akin to stopping on the zig-zag lines at a zebra crossing...which the 5-0 deem worth 3 points because it is so f***ing retarded.

The spaces aren't big enough for someone to throw the door open, which some will, or to comfortably get out most of the time.

Think of that parking space, in a real life situation. Is he really impeding someone's view/causing a hazard by being there?

If you can't stop because someone steps out onto the road after walking behind the car, you shouldn't be driving, or were driving too fast.

Even though I bought an 11 year old 106 with a few dings in, I still treat it like a new car :eek:

Always park as far away as possible from other parking spaces, my family/friends get proper peed with me for it lol.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Because there is a sign post for a crossing in the hatched area therefore making it too small to be a parking space. I assume they are all measured out at the same width and with that sign post it would be far narrower.

It's not too small. Look at the block of parking spaces beyond where the OP is parked. The spaces go right up to the access road seen on the right.

Why is there not another space there in this case?

Because of the crossing.

Think of that parking space, in a real life situation. Is he really impeding someone's view/causing a hazard by being there?

If you can't stop because someone steps out onto the road after walking behind the car, you shouldn't be driving, or were driving too fast.

I agree about you about shouldn't be driving etc., but most drivers need their hands holding. People with trolleys exiting supermarkets are normally oblivious to traffic (IME pedestrians in general meandering around car parks are oblivious to traffic), so the hatchings in this example most definitely do serve a purpose..to give approaching drivers a clear view of anyone that might be about to cross, and to give the pedestrians a clearer view of the road before they cross.

I agree about you about shouldn't be driving etc., but most drivers need their hands holding. People with trolleys exiting supermarkets are normally oblivious to traffic (IME pedestrians in general meandering around car parks are oblivious to traffic), so the hatchings in this example most definitely do serve a purpose..to give approaching drivers a clear view of anyone that might be about to cross, and to give the pedestrians a clearer view of the road before they cross.

I reality though, if someone stepped out from behind the car, onto the road and was run over, I doubt anyone would be kicking off because of the car being there.

If it's there, you take extra care, same as you would around a blind corner.

We are nit-picking here though, you are technically right, but I don't think in this particular case that it would cause an accident.

no dings in the doors of any of our cars , never really bother about it ,we park in wherever there is a space . Usually sainsburys or Waitrose local to us , then again its not unusually to see a variety of exotica parked up where we live so maybe people do take more care ....shrugs

133/225/CLS AMG
It's not too small. Look at the block of parking spaces beyond where the OP is parked. The spaces go right up to the access road seen on the right.

Why is there not another space there in this case?

Because of the crossing.

Sorry to quote the picture again but are you saying that between the white line shown under the Clio and the sign post there's a reasonable sized parking space???? When you can clearly see how big the Clio as a scale of reference? If a car was parked normally in the bay on the left and someone squeezed into that gap you'd never open the door!!!! You couldn't park up to the pillar as you'd be overhanging at the back, the space is big enough.

a8a2urem.jpg

The crossing goes between the spaces in front of the Clio so the hatched area is there to house the lamp/sign posts.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Ignore the sign, move it onto the path if you have to. The sign is not the limiting factor for the width of the space here...the road is.

Between the line beneath the car, and the border with the access road, there is enough space for a car.

Look beyond the 200, there are cars parked right up to the road. The hatchings exist for safety and visibilty, not to house a sign with a miniscule footprint.

Q.E.D.

182 FF
I deliberately look for places like you have parked there lol I never park across 2 spaces though! Seen a guy once with an Elise parked on a cross section of 4 spaces in tesco! Seen a few people leaving him friendly notes under his windscreen wipers lol!

My God I would be angry if someone did that to me. Like f**king incandescent.

As for OP. Looks a bit extreme, surely just parking with your wheels on the edge of hatchings would achieve the same result but as long as you're not obstructing anyone I don't see a problem. Anyone who parks across 2 spaces, other than those who are doing it well away from others where there's lots of empty spaces, is a bit of a c**t IMO. Selfish.

133/225/CLS AMG
Ignore the sign, move it onto the path if you have to. The sign is not the limiting factor for the width of the space here...the road is.

Between the line beneath the car, and the border with the access road, there is enough space for a car.

Look beyond the 200, there are cars parked right up to the road. The hatchings exist for safety and visibilty, not to house a sign with a miniscule footprint.

Q.E.D.

Ignore the sign post, bit tricky as it's there not on the path they've placed it there and therefore the space is too small.

I don't doubt that in terms of width there is space for a car but due to the posts they've put around the crossing and also a sign post of the car park 'rules' you couldn't park a car there if you wanted. I don't doubt that visibility is a factor for the crossing but my point is that you couldn't physically fit a car in there if you wanted to because of where the posts actually are!!

"quod erat demonstrandum" = pretentious!

Clio 172
Parking over more than 1 bay just so your car may not get hit is pathetic! You may as well leave it in the garage in case someone crashes into you whilst driving along the road. Your as irresponsible as the tit who dings your car with their door. Parking over hash lines blocking the view of a crossing is not just irresponsible but damn right dangerous. Taking a picture of your dangerous parking and starting a thread on CS about it.....genius!

Clio V6
Parking over more than 1 bay just so your car may not get hit is pathetic! You may as well leave it in the garage in case someone crashes into you whilst driving along the road. Your as irresponsible as the tit who dings your car with their door. Parking over hash lines blocking the view of a crossing is not just irresponsible but damn right dangerous. Taking a picture of your dangerous parking and starting a thread on CS about it.....genius!

Pathetic post if you ask me.

He likes his car, he no doubt works hard for it, this is a car forum, so what's the problem?

The crossing looks like it's on the edge of the car park. If, and it's a big, the thing is ever used then he's causing bugger all problem. The only reason it's hatched is because there's a street sign in it.

Far too much anger on this forum.

I park in exactly the same spot as the OP at my tesco, although maybe mot
Quite so far onto the hatching.

I took this yesterday for the PH bad parking thread.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347538152.629320.jpg

It was in a cheap carvery pub type place at lunchtime so spaces were limited. Selfish **** I thought, until he came out with his passenger on crutches, so I guess he was doing it for a reason.

I'm not sure if there are disabled spaces by the door there, but I'm sure no-one would mind you parking in a disabled space if you're on crutches?

renault clio 172
When I park my car at work a 9 yr old 172, I deliberately park it miles away from any other cars. Most of the guys at my work are polish and don't seem to give a f**k about anyone else's cars. I've banned my missus from taking my car shopping on her own cause she parks it anywhere lol

Shut up. Idiot.Poor troll. Stick to poetry?
Beg pardon? Not trying to troll here... Fact is he has parked on a hatched area which to me is just as bad as parking on double yellow lines! Not my fault he parks like a d*ck and doesn't see how it is wrong he has parked over the hatched area... Its there for a reason ffs otherwise it wouldn't be there!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Parking over hash lines blocking the view of a crossing is not just irresponsible but damn right dangerous.

He ^^^ is right.

The only reason it's hatched is because there's a street sign in it.

Far too much anger on this forum.

You ^^^ are not.

There's no anger here from me, just disbelief that you all think a car park space has been surrendered for a tiny little sign...when to the mildly intelligent it's 100% obvious that the reason for those hatchings is as said above by apollo000...to give clear visibility to those using and approaching the crossing.

Think about it...remove the sign, park a car (or van) right up alongside the road, then look at the situation when someone is trying to use the crossing. To see what's coming you would pretty much have to lean out into the road..quite dangerous. That's why the hatchings are there...just the same as zig-zag markings on the highway.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

totally agree with this , anoys me know end with the way people pull up on zig zags and the like , if you had ever seen someone mowed down on a crossing you would think twice.

I drive in central london alot and have to deal with the padestrians walking out from parked cars alot , and its stressful enough .

park sensibly and life is fine , i have new cars ever few years , park sensibly but am never anal about making sure i park away from people etc etc , and none of the cars have parking dings , and i park in some of the worst NCP's in london at times .........

Maybe having a french can that dings when you breath on it is more the issue rather than people hitting it carelessly with their door .

Fiesta ST200
Didn't know it would cause such a debate.

I park like that to stop idiots being careless and opening doors onto my car and costing me money.

Some people work their arses off to get a car of that value, unlike the cnuts that drive a heap and don't care about other peoples possessions.

You can be guaranteed that if you park miles away, some prick will come and park right next to your door. Just to be an arse.

I guess you can't win these days! Haha.

Not having a rant, just stating the facts.

RX7 FD
Didn't think the OP's parking was too bad.

Compared to this beautiful effort in my local Tesco's a month ago. Enjoy!

IMAG0014.jpg

This person wasn't disabled either btw!

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Didn't know it would cause such a debate.

I park like that to stop idiots being careless and opening doors onto my car and costing me money.

Some people work their arses off to get a car of that value, unlike the cnuts that drive a heap and don't care about other peoples possessions.

You can be guaranteed that if you park miles away, some prick will come and park right next to your door. Just to be an arse.

I guess you can't win these days! Haha.

Not having a rant, just stating the facts.

It's not necessarily to do with the value of cars though. Some people drive an older car and genuinely care for it as that's what they can afford and need to look after it.
The real culprits of this in my view are "mummys" and company car drivers, the latter who drive new (and therefore invariably HUGE cars) and don't give a damn if they catch your car with their door as they're getting a new car in a couple of years, if not sooner.

Fiesta ST200
Personally I think all you're doing is drawing attention to yourself and you're more likely to get someone damage it out of spite.

If someone damages it out of spite they need a serious word with themselves. No need for it.