ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it just me?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
You can be guaranteed that if you park miles away, some prick will come and park right next to your door. Just to be an arse.

This I can relate to.

Local Tesco, road into it has parking on either side...the left side is closest to the store so that's always rammed, the right side is almost always completely empty.

So I park on the right in a completely empty row with no cars at all anywhere nearby.

It's almost 100% guaranteed that when I get back there'll be a car either side and one in front.

Don't think it's people being malicuious/an arse though...I just think mostly they're retards who feel the need to herd together like sheep so subconsciously are drawn to park alongside another motor.

Just because people can afford new cars , or have company cars does not automatically mean they will ding your car ?? one of ours is company owned , i don't fling doors open and neither does it have any dings in it >
i don't think i know anyone with a company car who treats it in the way you suggest , and come end of lease time trust me nowadays alot of companies will levey a charge on the driver for damage (including curbed wheels !! )

if you cars are always getting dinged by people flying doors open maybe just maybe you live in a s**tty chav ridden hell hole

my wife parks our clio daily on an industrial estate where shes currently working with loads of cars near by and there are no dings in it , and the previous owner parked it in the station carpark daily ........??????????

maybe you worry about things that aren't going to happen ?

Clio 172
Pathetic post if you ask me.

He likes his car, he no doubt works hard for it, this is a car forum, so what's the problem?

The crossing looks like it's on the edge of the car park. If, and it's a big, the thing is ever used then he's causing bugger all problem. The only reason it's hatched is because there's a street sign in it.

Far too much anger on this forum.

Too much anger? I am not at all angry. I am pretty flabbergasted that someone blatantly blocks the view of a ped crossing then thinks it's ok to post a pic up on a car forum without expecting criticism. Your comment about the crossing location is as you say 'pathetic' your assuming and that never carries any weight in a debate. Your saying its only hatched because the sign is in the bay.....its hashed to signify you shouldn't park in the bay.

However any comment about parking far away is valid, none of us want our pride and joy dinged by some joker who doesn't give a toss about the car.

Clio V6
Fair enough and sorry for sounding shitty.

As the OP said he didn't mean to cause a big argument and in my opinion the way he parked didn't really justify it. He should probably just have left his offside right on the line to the hatched area like someone else said, however.

DB.

BMW 440i
I used to be terrible for this. Eased up a bit now though!

Now, I'm typically fairly quick in supermarkets and get out before the cars next to me.

Clio RS200
Parking like a **** is going to increase the chances of somebody damaging your car on purpose....plenty of idiots out there.

ph2 172
Didn't think the OP's parking was too bad.

Compared to this beautiful effort in my local Tesco's a month ago. Enjoy!

IMAG0014.jpg

This person wasn't disabled either btw!

Whenever i see anything like this in a car park i wish i had my own clamping company.
On the subject of parking over 2 bays is just plain ignorance and selfish. Yes ok, find a space on the end and park a tad more to the left/right and give yourself a bit of room(i do) but dont take 2 bays. (my clamping team would love you) Worst are the ones who do it in pay n display car parks. Ok,if you've bought 2 tickets fair enough. If not, parking ticket time.
Choose your spot, i like some have stated. look for newer, sporty, expensive motors and your less likely to get a dinge. Parking next to a people carrier with child/children on board stickers is a big no-no. same goes for battered old Audi a4's/vw passats belonging to our overseas friends.

R26/200 Raider
When I park my car at work a 9 yr old 172, I deliberately park it miles away from any other cars. Most of the guys at my work are polish and don't seem to give a f**k about anyone else's cars. I've banned my missus from taking my car shopping on her own cause she parks it anywhere lol

Same here! She would also find the kerbs with the alloys during her journey there. Truth is, she couldn't care less about cars!

DB.

BMW 440i
i always park miles away, the gf hates it. although my sainsburys has extra wide bays so alls good :D

My gf hates it when I do it if it's cold and wet and it inconveniences her, but if she's driving, she often goes for the bigger/further away one because she is a poor driver! lol

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
My gf hates it when I do it if it's cold and wet and it inconveniences her, but if she's driving, she often goes for the bigger/further away one because she is a poor driver! lol

lol, im also really indecisive when im parking. i'll um and ah between 7 spaces, go to park in one, then park in the one i just passed lol

DB.

BMW 440i
Lol Ah, I'm fairly decisive. If I see a fucker in the corner, I'm taking it no matter how far lol