ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it just mine?

fastest passat in't world
Or does anyone elses steering wheel creak like a 90 year olds knees?

Its really winding me up and I cant stop it, nomatter how much WD40 i shove down there.

Anyone know how to fix it cos its drivin me nuts!!

mine does that! really pisses me off! took it back to renault, they fixed it. for a while anyways, should take it back again but cant be arsed!!

fastest passat in't world
Sometimes, im not bothered about it but its my new car and when ive got people in it, its the first thing they notice. I dont get to hear " I like the seats " or "it goes well deosnt it", instead they seem to want to tell me that the steering wheel creaks!!

Black 182 w/ cup packs
Mine has started doing it recently and it is 7 months old, unless the stereo has drowned it out for longer! As with the strut top full lock grinding business I couldn't be bothered to take it into Renault, glad to know someone else has this problem though.

my 1.2 dynamique steering used to creak aswell. Took it to renualt who said there was nothing wrong with it. so they tighened some bolts and lubricated some parts which did nothing. never did find out what was wrong when i got rid of it.

my girlfriends 03reg dynamic does it, her mothers 53reg dynamic does it too and my 52reg 172 use to do it... i was the only one that bothered by it to take it back to renault and get it sorted. looks like a common problem on mk2 clios to me.... sounds like the stearing colum rubbing again some foam cable insulation or sumthing!

oh and it seems to get worse when the weather is hotter! wait until the sun comes out... it will really pi$$ you off!