ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it me?...or are Renault useless?

Mk3 SX
Phoned Renault for a parts enquiry as i need new front and rear skirts for my Clio Mk3 SX due to a bit of damage. they didn't even know my car had the kit on it and it came standard with mine. Also i was quoted £116 + vat for the front and £131 + vat for the rear. thats without paint or fitting. Sounds a bit much to me. What do you reckon? It was renault Darlington in Harlow.

clio sport 182
every renault garage i have been to have been usless,they couldnt even tell me a paint code one time,and when they say they will call you back,dont believe them

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
I've never had a problem sourcing parts from my local stealer. I wouldn't, however, entrust them to do any actual work to my car, even at the prices they charge.

£215 for a basic oil, filter and screenwash change? I'd expect coffee and a blow job as well for that price...

Glanza V
wow thats major expensive, you are not wrong about renault being useless am not saying all them are, but the one i used 2 go to just seem dumb id get more sence out off the cars they sell rather than who they employ = idiots. although the reanult in houghton le spring co.durham are spot on and always willing to help and talk actual sense:D

Mk2 Clio dci
the kit might not have shown up on dialogys, if thats where they checked for the part, becuase its kind of like an accessory, so it would have been in the accessory book. The price sounds right for a dealer, some parts are stupidly priced.

Mk3 SX
Haha! Blarno you are so right about that oil change...its criminal.

I was told it comes ready to paint and to be honest i'm quite up for doing it myself. Never sprayed any car parts before but i imagine it's not that difficult and i know i could fit the parts as i've taken them off. Whats the process for spraying? mine is pearl black by the way.

Mk2 Clio dci
Haha! Blarno you are so right about that oil change...its criminal.

I was told it comes ready to paint and to be honest i'm quite up for doing it myself. Never sprayed any car parts before but i imagine it's not that difficult and i know i could fit the parts as i've taken them off. Whats the process for spraying? mine is pearl black by the way.

yeah they come ready to be sprayed. Just give it a wipe over first though.