ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it normal for corroading on a 4yr old 172 ?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Hi,
I have in the past month I have purchased a used clio mk2 172, with 33K on the clock, but some things concern me... Inside one alloy im told has corroded, and me visually looking around the car I can see more evidence of almost every nut I can see looks like its corroading. I have never had a 4 yr old car, so is this normal ? Also there is a lot of cablin movement when the car is idle in traffic, is this normal too? It has had a new exhaust in the time I have owned it.

Thanks guys im kinda noob so thanks.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Alloys can and do corrode on the inside sometimes , could be for a few reasons , salt on the roads , wheel cleaners ( acid based ) . Nuts corode to .

Do you mean " cabin " movement when idling ? If so this is pretty normal , the idle is pretty rough on 172 / 182's due to the cams, when its warmed up they usually idle around 750rpm .

Welcome to CS mate :)

Clio 172 mk2
I have a 4yr old Clio and have noticed minor corrosion on bolts etc...not much to worry about though so long as the sills and arches are okay.

Cabin movement/rattles are pretty common in the 172

80MPG BEEZA
cabin rattles just take time to find out and remove i still have a few rattles here and there nothing like it was 4 month ago as per wheels you should see my next door neighbours scoob his speedlines have big green patches all over he says "yea i would like to replace them some time"