ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it real that ITG replacement filters never need cleaning?

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
Is it real that ITG replacement filters never need cleaning and how ?

quote from k-tec's website

For many years now ITG have been at the forefront of air filter technology. They supply many F1 and rally teams with their filters and this knowledge learnt from the pinacle of motorsport has been used to make their filters for road going cars. These replacement elements are made from a Tri Foam system which give superb filtering along with high air flow. The filter also never needs to be cleaned thanks to its unique design.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
I think the Green Cotton ones also claim to be good for 100,000 miles. I reckon it's sensible though to clean-up these air filters now and then. I vacuum mine with a brush and might buy a new one before the summer.

Rob669

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Iz it 'real' tat u hav bin 2 scool b4 lol

i clean mine, it gets dirty and clogs.

Abarth Grande Punto
may not be the wrong place to ask but is it worth replacing my standard 182 element for a ITG panel filter, will it sound any different?

I would say its best to clean it in soapy water at least once a year and respray it with ITG dust retention spray after it has dried out:approve:

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Filters need cleaning, or replacing if they can't be cleaned, when they have filtered out enough dust to need it. Any statement by the manufacturer about when it has to be done is based on assumptions about how the average user is likely to have used that type of car. For example, circuit racing cars don't get used in mud, but they do get used in conditions where dry sand is blown in the air, and they do pick up kitty litter. But dirt bikes get used in the mud.

If its a paper filter it can be vacuumed if the paper has been exposed to wet dirty air that means dirt or oil is embedded in the paper.

If its a foam filter it has to be washed in soapy water to wash out the oil - the soap/detergent cleans the dirty oil out - and re-oiled.

Turbos.
It says you should still clean it, but they should last up to 35k. Personally i'd change it as often as a normal filter.

Clio 172 mk2
may not be the wrong place to ask but is it worth replacing my standard 182 element for a ITG panel filter, will it sound any different?

probably worth it as you can clean and reuse the ITG but will not be any louder than the OE filter.