ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it the weather...?

RS 172
My car feels a little slugish in this hot weather. I'm using the A/C all the time, should it really make that much difference?

Anyone else notice the difference?

Titanium 182
Air con won't make a noticable difference, its the heat. Or in my case my exhaust blowing.

RS 172
aircon does make a difference, as does the heat. minimal, but it does.

the megs running crap, hi got heat soak?

I think both together is not helping, yesterday was very hot stuck in some traffic on the motorway and felt like i was dringing the old 306 diesel!

This morning at 7 it was like a rocket again!

Good old English weather! :D

172 Cup
haha i dont have a problem with mine, just idles lower with the air con on.

With my old Turbo's they hated hot weather, i used to wake up praying for a moist atmosphere, they were like sh1t off a shovel early morning with abit of fog, was like waking up in heaven lol lol

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
AC saps more than you'd think.

Hot air is less dense. Combustion is less efficient. Less power.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
My car feels very sluggish when accelerating with the air con on. Fact.

C63 AMG
Cold air is more dense and therefore more air fills the fixed volume of the cylinders giving more power. Marginal amounts of power, but more.

www.renparts.co.uk
in the GF's fiesta if feels like someone presses the brake every time the compressor kicks back in. Quite alarming tbh.

Mini Cooper S sport
Can't say I've noticed much difference, but then I've not driven that much when it's been that hot.

immaculate clio 172
Cant say i really notice much difference with the aircon on tbh and as already said when you get to around 4750-5000 rpm the aircon cuts out anyway

None :(
I notice the difference, it aint that bad tho...... one day last week i just had to turn it on ;)

GF's golf is exactly the same, but worse imo because when u press the AC button on, you can instantly feel a vibration on the clutch peddle, for some reason? and u can certainly feel a power loss....

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I had my aircon regassed the other week and noticed the difference in power between before when it wasn't working and after. I was surprised how sluggish it was accelerating with the hot air and the compressor working.

BG182®
I find air con does make a difference. When I'm sitting in traffic and getting the biting point to move along it takes a touch more rev's with the AC on as to when its of. Going at a speed though I can't say it seems to make any difference but thats just me

LY V6 & Fiesta ST
The cup feels the same, although i now have a nice induction rasp around 6.5K and the exhaust note has noticeable changed, starting to loosen up good and proper, only taken 13K, and surprisingly the AC is actually quite good, better then the temperamental CC i had in my 172!

Black 197
The cup feels the same, although i now have a nice induction rasp around 6.5K and the exhaust note has noticeable changed, starting to loosen up good and proper, only taken 13K, and surprisingly the AC is actually quite good, better then the temperamental CC i had in my 172!

Ya think so ? I think my 182 AC was better than my 197 but then again i suppose its never used that much anyway.. Dries my eyes oot ta fcuk