ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is it true....

-
took my ph1 to a garage because im having all sorts of problems with it and one of the things the mechanic said was that apparently my stereo is somehow wired to the engine in some way , ie so the volume increases so does volume and vice versa, becauses theres current going in but not out or something?

is this actually true? because it sounds bull to me......

a burnt one
My old pioneer HU done this, as the noise in the cabin increased so did the stereo volume.

Auot volume it was called.

It WAS NOT wired to the engine, was a simple aftermarket HU.

The standard unit in my Golf does it too.

Mental 172 Cup
yeh they do!

when you drive faster the road noise increases so the volume increases so you can still hear the radio :D

a burnt one
took my ph1 to a garage because im having all sorts of problems with it and one of the things the mechanic said was that apparently my stereo is somehow wired to the engine in some way , ie so the volume increases so does volume and vice versa, becauses theres current going in but not out or something?

is this actually true? because it sounds bull to me......

He gets right down to the specidics does you're mechanic.

BMW E46 and E36
Yeah my girlfriends '04 fiesta does the same thing, you notice it most when slowwing down to traffic lights/roundabout when the music gets quieter.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
It does increase with speed , but you have to set it up in the " expert mode " .

Clio Sport 182
it gets a speed pulse from the abs sensor usually on most cars into the ecu then that determines how fast your going and then sends a signal to the stereo to adjust the volume

a burnt one
surely it doesnt increase with speed but with engine noise?

Yes more speed = more noise but if it was purely speed youd have a foot on the go pedal and the hand on the volume control.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
surely it doesnt increase with speed but with engine noise?

Yes more speed = more noise but if it was purely speed youd have a foot on the go pedal and the hand on the volume control.

According to the manual the volume increases / decreases with the vehicles speed , not the engine noise .

Clio Sport 182
so all the speed pulses from the abs sensor to ecu to the stereo's in manufacturers wiring diagrams are wrong then ??? i thought i was reading them wrong but luckily still finiding that it works !!!

Clio 182
It does decrease/increase with speed, but, as MRBILLUK, has said you have to set this up first.
Funny i was ready the manual about this the other day

-
sorry my original post didnt make sense i meant to say as speed increases so does volume but you all figured that out anyway :p

arr so it is true, just because it sounded like bull to me tbh! thanks anyway guys :)