ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is it worth amping 6x9s

its worth binning the 6x9s not amping them !!

but answer to your question yes amping will help as your current HU will giveout about 27 W RMS which is naff !!

aye 6x9s aint gr8 but im not really in2 my ice and bought them a while back b4 i knew bout ice!ive got rid of my sub so i was thinkin bout usin amp on speakers

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

the quality from the 6x9s (if quality and 6x9s can be used in the same sentence), will only be as good as the quality of the amp...

it should be louder, but god knows why u got rid of the sub and kept the 6x9s, id have kept the sub and got rid of the 6x9s, better for sound quality...alot better! basically with the sub youre adding to create a 3-way component system

friction - i wouldnt bother, ive been arguing the same point for months

as above, the quality (if possible) will be down to the amp, to get the best results from 6x9s building an enclosure under the shelf so that each speaker has its own individual enclosure is a must and filtering out most the high frequencies that destroy the staging will be your best option

but as above (again) no ide awhy you sold the amp and not the 6x9s :confused:

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

well if ur not really into your ice then dont bother amping the 6x9s...

btw, must have been some size of sub to weigh 8st...