ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it worth saving my Cat C 182 for

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
£1365........

Basically wrote off my car and got £5750 for it after excess. Now I have the option of getting it back for £1365....

I would like to get it back and break it myself and keep a few bits for hopefully when I get a 172 but I am not too clued up on what I could get rid off and for how much and whether it would be worth me paying the £1365 for it so any advice would be appreciated, engine seemed to be running fine. Below are the only pics I have of my car. Thanks.

10072009055.gif

13072009056.gif

13072009057.gif

13072009058.gif

Personally, no.

Depends how handy you are with a spanner because all of the bodywork is fucked, you did a good job there! lol..

It's not worth £1365 to fix or to break IMO. You won't get that sort of cash from engine and bits I wouldn't have thought..

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Work it all out, whats salvageable, what you can sell etc, give an estimate what you think the bits are worth and add it all up.... if its quite a bit more than £1300 then its worth saving!

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
Personally, no.

Depends how handy you are with a spanner because all of the bodywork is f**ked, you did a good job there! lol..

It's not worth £1365 to fix or to break IMO. You won't get that sort of cash from engine and bits I wouldn't have thought..

thanks for that, all i can think off is obviously the engine, alloys (would need a refurb), tyres, discs and pads, cup spoiler, and interior which like you said prob wont be worth it..........

Barge
Have a look at what some of those other bits and pieces have sold for, etc. You might just get 1.3 back. I doubt you'd make over it TBH.

It's A Reno
thanks for that, all i can think off is obviously the engine, alloys (would need a refurb), tyres, discs and pads, cup spoiler, and interior which like you said prob wont be worth it..........

How about the interior, exhaust, headlights which look intact, head unit, steering wheel if it hasn't melted, bump strips, bumpers which don't look bad, cup suspension, cup spoiler?, skirts, rear lights. You'd be amazed what people with non RSs will want.

BMW M135i
I wouldn't bother imo don't think theres a great profit to be had, and i'm amazed that managed to get Cat C'd with the roof damage thought that'd push is towards Cat B but then again the pillars look pretty intact.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'll give you £10 for the side badges, theres a start ;)

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Imo, it would probably be worth it just to take bits off that you are likely to replace at some point on a 172, you'd have spare gearbox, driveshafts etc etc, if you've got the space to store it then its worth having imo.

Try getting the price down a bit ;)

Can't see from the pics but I can't imagine the spoiler being okay. Have you been to see it?

Wheels/tyres, with needing a refurb you'd be lucky to get £300. Spoiler is probably £150 if its mint. Discs and pads? Norra lot. £200ish for interior? Engine is about £500 I think, not really sure on that.

Do you have somewhere to store it whilst you strip it? Seems more hassle than its worth to me. Although Jesus (lol, that's really his name) needs all the running gear for his 1.2. Give him a PM.

It's A Reno
Can't see from the pics but I can't imagine the spoiler being okay. Have you been to see it?

Wheels/tyres, with needing a refurb you'd be lucky to get £300. Spoiler is probably £150 if its mint. Discs and pads? Norra lot. £200ish for interior? Engine is about £500 I think, not really sure on that.

Do you have somewhere to store it whilst you strip it? Seems more hassle than its worth to me. Although Jesus (lol, that's really his name) needs all the running gear for his 1.2. Give him a PM.

Add on bumpers which I've seen for around £100 each and all the little bits for 10 to 20 quid and he's soon in profit.
It's a lot of work, but his time is free, so it depends how much he wants or needs to cash.

S4 Avant
You could easily make £1300 back from selling little bits, daft things like the renault sport door sills, or boot carpet.

It all sells, and it would all add up, but could you be bothered listing every last bit for sale?

Volvo S60 T5
No way, its never going to be on the road again.
Selling for spares wont make you much either after the time you spend pissing about getting engine out and so on.
Let it go and move on.

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
you would possibly break even if your lucky , dependant on interior and air bags etc . if you could get it for alot less then maby go for it .

a burnt one
Even if you could make a profit, which would be absolutely minimal being realistic, i dont think it's worth the time and hassle to strip it and list parts.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I wouldn't buy that car for £500.

There's nowhere near enough stuff on left there to warrant £1350!

BG 182 FF
If more of the bodywork could be sold then yep, but you have done a good job on it so i would just cut your loses m8y

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Think yourself lucky to be alive mate, I wouldn't want to see that again even if it was gonna make me a few quid. What a mess.......

182 Trophy (#27/500)
someones been on the roof!!! I'd buy it back. if eveything is sold im sure you could make more than the purchase price. Just my opinion

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
think i'm going to bite the bullet and let it go as much as i'l miss it - probably isn't worth the time and hassle but thanks for all the comments guys..........

Good choice mate. That front bumper and the drivers side headlight are f*cked so you could forget adding them to the list.

Breaking mk2 DCI
you'd make 1350 if you sold everything, but all you'd gain is a few sore knuckles and a few bruised nails from stripping it,