ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is It Worth Takeing My Back Seats Out?

Megane R26 + 182
Not sure if this is in the right place? but just wondering how heavy the rear seats are? Iv only got a 1.4 so just want to make it a little lighter! Therefore a bit more nippy. Thanks James :)

ITB'd MK1
worth it if you're going to town with stripping/lightening. quite a bit of placebo effect due to the extra noise you get though

proton compact 1.3 GLi
when driving it feels like you've thrown a fat kid out of the car (or so ive been told )

audi a6 3.0tdi
It makes quite a difference, the car feels more nimble on the road. the best way to discribe it is like the guy above says. its like going from having two people in the car to just you. But if you going to take the seats out you mays well strip the rest of the stuff in the rear. Watch the back end though it gets a bit more twitchy

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
dont waste your time, yes it might be a touch lighter, but driving around with no more than 1/4 tank will have the same effect.. it really isnt worth the hassle unless theres good reason, your just making work for yourself and then you have to put it all back to sell it... most of its in your mind..

ive had my gtt stripped and there was little difference if any at all.. if i was at the pod/track trying to take off a tenth on a second or two then i'd do it.. running on a 1,4 tank is what i tend to do, but guess your seats are a touch heavier than mine, but id still like the option of nailing a bird in the back on a comphy seat..

your p155ing in the wind if you ask me

b/g 182, meg tourer
i wouldn't bother. my car was pretty much fully stripped in the past including headlining and carpets. it weighed a lot! but it was not really that much difference for daily use at all tbh. the only difference was it was cold and noisy! lol
its a 5 min job getting them in and out, try it and see how you get on. pretty pointless tho really