ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is mine a full fat 182?

Megane R26
Hi guys, just went to fit, what I've been told are Cup o. E dampers to my 182 holes on hub don't line up, making me think ive been sold either non Cup damper or mine isn't a full fat..
Reg is ef05 wxx,

Pics of car here

59dd3cdab6c403ad077951cc97fb1cd7.jpg

a89309b7c5a3be5fca85f180c33f71fd.jpg

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
The wheels do look a darker anthracite than standard, so it could be that a previous owner has had a refurb done to change the wheels from silver (non-cup pack) to anthracite.

The only way to find out is to measure the bolt spacing on the hub.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Since people mod these so much the only way to tell is by measuring the hole spacing on the dampers iirc.

58mm for cup dampers off the top of my head. There's a guide on here if you search.

The cup splitter could've snapped off, or the cup spoiler could've been added. And the wheels could've been sprayed

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
I had a similar thought on mine, wondered if it had cup suspension option as mine had grey wheels and eibachs, but the wheels were sprayed(badly) and the bolt spacing was 54mm.

Since people mod these so much the only way to tell is by measuring the hole spacing on the dampers iirc.

58mm for cup dampers off the top of my head. There's a guide on here if you search.

The cup splitter could've snapped off, or the cup spoiler could've been added. And the wheels could've been sprayed

My recollection is 60mm for cup? Wouldn't stake any money on it tho, defo 54mm for standard 182 tho.

60mm Cup, 54mm non cup is correct I believe.

Top edge to top edge of the bolt spacing.

As above, spoiler is cup, wheels look darker than standard so could have been sprayed either way, splitter could have come off.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Those pics show a 54mm hole spacing --> you have a non cup 182

It looks as though from your third picture if you were to move the tape measure (silver end) up slightly to the top centre of the top bolt hole and measure down to the top centre of the bottom bolt hole you would get a spacing of 54mm which would suggest non cup suspension.

if that makes sense?

If they are the dampers you have bought then the spacing would suggest they are not cup dampers as opposed to the car not being a cup.

Megane R26
Dampers were sold to me as 172 Cup dampers. I'm guessing that 182 Cup dampers are slightly different in that case?

Clio 172 182 197 200
So many 182s have had wheels painted anthracite & lowered we tend to look for the wider abs rings usually a good guide for use when buying,
chassis number is also an option but some people swap the cup hubs & shocks onto non cup packed to make them cup packed which the blows chassis number theory out.