ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is my car chavvy??

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
my friends at uni keep saying that because my car has non oem suspension and alloys it is chavvy and looks d*ckish, does anyone else get this and do you think my car looks chavvy.

5503955272_471ac168e8_z.jpg

IMG_0315 by sbridgey, on Flickr

monaco 172
the red diamond doesnt do it any favours.

but i wouldnt say so unless youve got the windows blacked out aswel ol.

The rims do look a tad ott

Megane 225 Trophy
not at all although the red renault badge wouldn;t help
clios are a little chavy in my opinion anyway despite that I just bought one at 35 and I;m getting all the boy racer chavvy jibes!

Octavia VRS LE
far from it unless you have lexus lights on the back, tell your friends to shut up i would mate. lol

chumpmobile
haha not at all!

anyone who doesn't know about cars says a modified car is chavvy

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
haha not at all!

anyone who doesn't know about cars says a modified car is chavvy

i know just cos it is lowered and top gear said never buy a lowered car my car is chavvy and rubbish, thing is none of them own their own car

If I saw that on the roads I would assume it was driven by a young, chavvy type person. Call it stereotyping if you want.

Bloody clean though!

clio 182
not at all mate but i would deffo loose the red nose i know the day is coming up and all but it looks obscene imo ....as said before tho unless u have lexarse lights in the back appart form the badge its not chavvy at all

White clique
Not full blown chavvy, but the orange diamond makes it look a bit naff, as does the numberplate surround (if thats what i can see).

As its such a clean example, it would look really good more standard.

2004 ph2 172
It's fine. Tell'em that if their entire motoring knowledge is based on the opinions of Top Gear, they'd probably do best to keep their traps shut....

red nose... cough cough

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
maybe i will paint it a new colour over the summer, but i like orange

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
If you like it, who cares? I'm suprised you don't get more abuse for being on a car forum, I certainly did!

i do all of the time, they haven't noticed my CS sticker, and i have to alt tab off the forum everytime someone walks into my room

and no lexarse lights either
5503974534_8a11f7cedd_z.jpg

IMG_0355 by sbridgey, on Flickr

Ph 1 172
I like it just paint your wing mirror caps same orange and badges I'd like it even more. Personally I'd never give any of your uni mates lifts if they think your car is chavy let the walk in the rain/cold/snow lol

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
yep, my flatmate just told me that ever single lowered car looks sh*t, so i'm thinking their all just jealus

Fabia VRS
they surely cant be "car people" then can they, my gf says my cars chavvy, but she doesnt know how to clean her own car so i ignor her

GTD, Lupo
Dont worry about it. I always get stick for driving a "chavvy car" as all the lads at work like to call it, and mine is totally standard. Just ignore them as its your car and you are the one that drives it.

If your happy feck anyone else.

Last edited:

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
they say they are car people and i would agree one of them is but the rest arent

Megane 225 Trophy
i like my orange badge

if your not bothered what people think then great do what pleases you
If you do worry which I assume you do as your asking te question in this thread then take note of how many people dislike the orange diamond and paint it the normal colour as that would make it look less chavvy.. simples

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
if your not bothered what people think then great do what pleases you
If you do worry which I assume you do as your asking te question in this thread then take note of how many people dislike the orange diamond and paint it the normal colour as that would make it look less chavvy.. simples

lol, ok what colour would look good then?