ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is my trip computer right?

clio 172 cup
Hi guys

i have got a new job and now have to travel 22 miles to and from work, so a 44 mile round trip in my 172cup.
So I am debating whether to get a diesel or not.

when I went to fill up I reset the trip computer.

filled up to the click so full tank: managed 405.4 miles (petrol light had just come on)
at a average 45.4mpg

is this mpg about right? Seems high to me (prob not worth getting a diesel)

LY FF182
About right for your 172 mate, I can get 450 a tank driving sensibly on motorways all the time!

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Used to do a similar commute in mine, about 38 miles of 50mph / A road.

My record was 47.XX Mpg, they sip fuel if you sit at a constant speed around that.

clio 172 cup
good to hear, diesel maybe not needed then!
This is travelling between 55-60mph pretty constant not much stoping and starting, only odd traffic light, round abouts etc.

RB 182 195bhp
Sounds about right to me, they are really good on fuel if driven softly, 197's however are not

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I managed 52.6 according to clock in the kangoo. . My Bro bought it in the end. . Said he used less than half a tank driving 250 miles back home...

PB Clio 172
Sounsd about right, diesel is more expensive to buy so when you work that out not worth it against your car