ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is NOS a good idea or not?

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Ive run it on several cars and rate it - its fitted to my F150 Lightning and everything ive raced has been completey left for dead - if its not set up right expect big bills

omg, I think I just dropped into the fast and furious forum.....

I'm going to live my life 1/4 mile at a time on the way home from work. Infact thats 60 1/4s! Schwweet! w00t!

omg, I think I just dropped into the fast and furious forum.....

I'm going to live my life 1/4 mile at a time on the way home from work. Infact thats 60 1/4s! Schwweet! w00t!

What does that mean?

Place local to me does refills at about £5 per lb

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
but for the cost of refills you'd be as well investing in TB's or forced induction and get more power on 'tap' all the time.

Clio 197 F1 R27
A wet system is a nitrous system which mixes nitrous and fuel, and feeds it into the intake. A dry system only feeds nitrous into the intake, and tricks the existing fuel system to add the fuel.

The main thing that can go wrong is adding nitrous into your engine without compensating fuel. This extreme lean condition is disaster for the engine, and you're not likely to get a second chance - at least with the same engine.

You decide.

A wet system is a nitrous system which mixes nitrous and fuel, and feeds it into the intake. A dry system only feeds nitrous into the intake, and tricks the existing fuel system to add the fuel.

The main thing that can go wrong is adding nitrous into your engine without compensating fuel. This extreme lean condition is disaster for the engine, and you're not likely to get a second chance - at least with the same engine.

You decide.

What sort of damage would it cause to the engine, excessive wear? Piston rings?

V6 Clio

You decide.

As I was trying to impress earlier......do not go for a dry system with a standard ecu.

Nitrous will not destroy your engine, neither will a turbo nor supercharger.
However, incorrect installation/useage of any of these might well do.

Infact if your standard engine develops some fault that causes it to run very lean and you continue to thrash the car about you could well destroy your engine in the same way without any of these.

Clio 1.8 8v RSi

You decide.

As I was trying to impress earlier......do not go for a dry system with a standard ecu.

Nitrous will not destroy your engine, neither will a turbo nor supercharger.
However, incorrect installation/useage of any of these might well do.

Infact if your standard engine develops some fault that causes it to run very lean and you continue to thrash the car about you could well destroy your engine in the same way without any of these.

So ive still not got a final decision on wether to buy it or not, its 50/50 at the moment? Remember chaps, this is going on a 1.8 8v RSI NOT a 1.2??!!? WET OR DRY? WHATS THE CHOICE?

V6 Clio
Please just phone Wizards..........You can wait 10 years on here and still get split views.
You cannot rely on this forum to make your final decision. Ask the professionals if dry is a good idea on a 1.8 with a standard (not remapped) ecu.

Clio 1.8 8v RSi
Please just phone Wizards..........You can wait 10 years on here and still get split views.
You cannot rely on this forum to make your final decision. Ask the professionals if dry is a good idea on a 1.8 with a standard (not remapped) ecu.

Ok brill thanks

Sorry mate, I was being silly. I dont understand nos, nor the need for it in a 1*2.

Why dont you understand the 'need for it in a 1*2' Do you not like the idea of a bit of extra boost on tap when needed?

At the risk of blowing up the engine and gearbox. No. Plenty of mods I'd consider before adding nos. All I'm saying is its not for me.

Swat came in ma house, disrespectin ma whole family!

f**king respect! I'm off out to buy myself a oozy, black R1 and go find myself the local chinese supermarket carpark!

Qashcow
look at all the NOS haters. makes me giggle like laughing gas does lol

how are you going to blow the gearbox any more than sticking ITB's or a tubby on the car?? depends how you drive it at the end of the day. i blew 2 gearboxes out a 1.3 golf 6 years ago, didnt have NOS though

at TWR1 says, give them a call and they'll point you in the right direction.