ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is the V6 255 that bad to drive..???

LOL.. Have you ever seen the price of replacement panels etc for a v6 Matt..? You could prob buy a Trophy for the cost of a miss-hap on track in a vee..

I'd love to be in a position to buy a second vee to use for track days etc.. prob a cat D or something.. Fingers crossed for a prosperous winter! :)

I'm only messing mate I just find it funny on here

;)

Stop winking you wee jesse!

Look i appreciate alot of owners just wash and take pics of their cars. And tbh, why shouldn't they!!! Just because you hammer the c**t out of yours 24/7 doesn't give you the right to slate others.

Fyi, sweetie, i've done 11 track days in mine, been to the ring and seein as i used to work at knockhill as a ards instructor i'd say that gives me a little bit of experience on track! Money where my mouth is...Nah, no need, you only drive a trophy!

Oh yeh,

;)

Well sweetness mines been to the ring 3 times and has done roughly 20 trackdays and I have an advanced driving licence.

So ner

Anymore?????

;) ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Well sweetness mines been to the ring 3 times and has done roughly 20 trackdays and I have an advanced driving licence.

So ner

Anymore?????

;) ;)

Not really. I've made my point. I like mine in show condition, but it's not scared on being tracked. Hence the 42k miles! Dinny tar all with the same brush sunshine!!

Cooper S
I have been round the Ring hundreds of times on GT4 and Forza and I can catagorically say that my Vee was the quickest of all my RS' although it did take a fair bit of taming!

Evening Ali. ;) ;) ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Sure i'll see you on track next yr! ;) I'll draw up some excuses incase you're quicker! ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I have been round the Ring hundreds of times on GT4 and Forza and I can catagorically say that my Vee was the quickest of all my RS' although it did take a fair bit of taming!

Evening Ali. ;) ;) ;)

Alreet sir! S'happenin?

Cooper S
Flicking between JTMD and Bad Boy's 2. Quiet on here without Alan the Jew ain't it? I bet his R would have given alot of Clio's a good run on a track.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Err no. The topic is about the V6 255. That is the phase 2 version. The blog was about the phase 2 version. The had to completely remount the front suspension further forward.

It still span out in corners.

The topic isn't about a V6 255, its a Trophy V6 i.e a fair bit different and built as a race car from the factory.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
FAIL its about the V6 road car and the fact that MSN cars rated it as a shocking car

;)

Sorry, I thought they were refereing to another blog about the Dragon Rally car where the owner modified the front end and made the wheel base longer to help handling.

lift number 1 @ btm
Sorry, I thought they were refereing to another blog about the Dragon Rally car where the owner modified the front end and made the wheel base longer to help handling.

with the dragon car the front turrets were moved to allow more lock weren't they?

*edit* that's the one :cool:

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
TOPIC TITLE:

Re: Is the V6 255 that bad to drive..???

Thats the clio phase 2 v6 if you didnt know.

Topic title is hardly consistant with article mentioned though is it, if you want to be pedantic..

"07/09/2009
Top 50: disappointing cars
Renault Clio V6
38 of 49

2001 Renault Clio V6: Big engine and small car should have been a recipe for great driving fun, but not here; the handling was terrifying. Round every bend you could feel the V6 trying to pull the Clio out of line."

Reads as a Ph1 to me.. :)

Topic title is hardly consistant with article mentioned though is it, if you want to be pedantic..

"07/09/2009
Top 50: disappointing cars
Renault Clio V6
38 of 49

2001 Renault Clio V6: Big engine and small car should have been a recipe for great driving fun, but not here; the handling was terrifying. Round every bend you could feel the V6 trying to pull the Clio out of line."

Reads as any V6 to me.. :)

;)

Better than yours. C*nt.
Well more fool you and your woeful knowledge of a car that you're trying to rip into whilst driving postman pat's van.

In 2001 Renault launched the Ph1 vee. You know, the 2001 Clio V6 they're referring to? The Ph2 was launched in 2003 with heavily revised suspension including longer wheelbase and mildly fettled geometry to cure the original cars tendency to snap your arm off at the limit.

PS. I've had both Postman Pat's van and my current Vee, and can tell you all day long the Vee is quicker...

Cooksport Fleet
Well more fool you and your woeful knowledge of a car that you're trying to rip into whilst driving postman pat's van.

In 2001 Renault launched the Ph1 vee. You know, the 2001 Clio V6 they're referring to? The Ph2 was launched in 2003 with heavily revised suspension including longer wheelbase and mildly fettled geometry to cure the original cars tendency to snap your arm off at the limit.

PS. I've had both Postman Pat's van and my current Vee, and can tell you all day long the Vee is quicker...

This guy has had both... He knows what he is on about.

The trophy is a very nice car. But TBH i dont see it as miles infront a standard 182 with cup packs.

V6 Wins, especially a LG one or Black with Black wheels. :)

Saw Craig's today (Cat171) and even though it's a PH1 Vee listening to it accelerate away was emmense

lol!! its not as if they ph1 & ph2 make a difference sound!!

its basically the same damm car!!

and no, neither of the are bad to drive, they are great fun!

Yeah yeah you kept your Trophy for so long that you know everything about everything.

:(

This old review again, he obvioulsy can't drive ! But it appears that the muppet hasn't even driven one :rolleyes:

Speaking from a Mk1 vee owners point of view - it is twitchy on some bends at speed yeah, plus it's a bit twitchy on motorways at speed when it's windy, but under no circumstances do I ever cack my pants.
If it had a bit more weight in the front to balance the weight it would be a dream to drive.

Also mines on standard suspension (koni shocks etc) but after speaking to a few with aftermarket kit they say that the handling is really improved.

Obvioulsy in the wet it's an animal - but tbh if your going to drive like a tool in the wet (in any car) more fool you.

It's a car that you have to get used to, it's my first rwd car. no one who only drives it for a few hours will get used to the handling (unless they've had rwd before, or are a very accomplished driver)

Its not a bad car it just should be a tad quicker and is slower round the ring than 182s. My fiat coupe 20vt would easily pull on ph2 v6 in a straight with less power?
But they do look imense best looking non supercar I want one.....
I came from 20vt Plus (i loved that car) to a mk1 V6. My Coupe wasn't standard in the suspension area at all (running on Bilsteins, uprated arb's etc) Tbh it was crashy - i'll go so far as to say that the vee handles better than it ever did.

A 20vt is 0-100 in 14.5 secs, a mk2 vee is 0-100 in 15.5 & a mk1 vee does it in 17secs. In real ife there is no real difference, possibly a car length..

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Why is this matt such a wind up merchant.Is he just trying to get a reaction from people whilst spouting shite

Why is this matt such a wind up merchant.Is he just trying to get a reaction from people whilst spouting s**te

No I was just taking the piss out of people who own cars for a short period of time and claim to be an authority on them.

However it seems so many people on here can dish out s**t but not take it so I'd better keep my comments to myself and let everyone live in fantasy land.

;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
The trophy isn't all that! Spk to the people who have gone from one to a 197 and they'll tell you the 197 is better!!

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
A 20vt is 0-100 in 14.5 secs, a mk2 vee is 0-100 in 15.5 & a mk1 vee does it in 17secs. In real ife there is no real difference, possibly a car length..

Im not sure about the 20vt being quicker or not but im damn sure of one thing and that is that in the real world there is near on bugger all difference in straight line performance between ph1 and ph2 vees as Guillaume and a few other owners will know.

Trophy #490
How the f**k did this turn into yet another Trophy haters thread!? I usually agree on most things Ali says, but I'd be willing to put every penny I had on a Trophy running rings around a Vee on a typical British b-road. Narrow, poor surfaces etc, 2nd/3rd gear, no way a Vee would keep with one. They're far too light, agile and capable to be beat. When I had my Trophy, I regularly ventured up to the Yorkshire Dales with a very good mate of mine in his Illiad 255, and pretty much everytime we went he simply could not keep up with 'Postman Pat's Car'. Good driver too. There wasn't even that much in it on the straights, the Vee a car length ahead after 100, so nowt in real world terms.

On a track? Who gives a f**k what is quicker on the track! A v6 is hardly a track car, a Trophy is the b-road king, neither are mesmorising on track. If you're after a track car buy a Caterham/Exige/Whatever, not a Vee or a Trophy! Thus this is a completely pointless argument. 99% of the time it's down to point to point road pace, and a Trophy would win! I say this as a massive Clio v6 fan, too. I love them to pieces, and of course every person on the planet would choose to own one instead of a Trophy but this is not what the thread is about FFS it's about that silly, ill-informed article!

MCS R56
How the f**k did this turn into yet another Trophy haters thread!? I usually agree on most things Ali says, but I'd be willing to put every penny I had on a Trophy running rings around a Vee on a typical British b-road. Narrow, poor surfaces etc, 2nd/3rd gear, no way a Vee would keep with one. They're far too light, agile and capable to be beat. When I had my Trophy, I regularly ventured up to the Yorkshire Dales with a very good mate of mine in his Illiad 255, and pretty much everytime we went he simply could not keep up with 'Postman Pat's Car'. Good driver too. There wasn't even that much in it on the straights, the Vee a car length ahead after 100, so nowt in real world terms.

On a track? Who gives a f**k what is quicker on the track! A v6 is hardly a track car, a Trophy is the b-road king, neither are mesmorising on track. If you're after a track car buy a Caterham/Exige/Whatever, not a Vee or a Trophy! Thus this is a completely pointless argument. 99% of the time it's down to point to point road pace, and a Trophy would win! I say this as a massive Clio v6 fan, too. I love them to pieces, and of course every person on the planet would choose to own one instead of a Trophy but this is not what the thread is about FFS it's about that silly, ill-informed article!

Sorry, wouldn't.

I held back 4 pages and couldn't resist. Some great reading though!

Love 'em or hate 'em, faster or slower, whatever...it's just a car and the only thing that matters is that we all love each other.:approve:

Better than yours. C*nt.
No I was just taking the piss out of people who own cars for a short period of time and claim to be an authority on them.

I had a 182 for 2 years not so long ago. Does that count?

Don't assume you have the whole picture, mmkay?

I had a 182 for 2 years not so long ago. Does that count?

Don't assume you have the whole picture, mmkay?

NO you feel free to make comments about the Trophy's and V6's but haven't owned either for a decent period of time to have formed a real opinion of them.

Oh and BTW try not to be so f**king patronising

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMKAY

;)

Im not sure about the 20vt being quicker or not but im damn sure of one thing and that is that in the real world there is near on bugger all difference in straight line performance between ph1 and ph2 vees as Guillaume and a few other owners will know.
That what i'm saying on paper & real life there isn't much between any of them :)