ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is there a guide how to fit a pipercross induction kit?

Sell it on e-bay and run the standard airbox or a Phase 1 airbox if you want something with technicaly lower losses. If you just want noise drill some 10mm holes in the pre filter side of the standard airbox.

Trophy #392
Are they really that bad? How can it
Loose power when it's enclosed it would be shielded like the normal airbox? :s

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
do your best and get a proper air feed to the filter. silicone elbow might be helpful. keep the filter clean and avoid excessive oiling. As I said with a proper air feed and a remap you might gain something.

Trophy #392
I've got a silicon elbow was gonna have the cold air feed sitting in the lower grill I'm gonna put it on and see what it's like it can't be that bad if pipercross are still selling them for the price they do

jesus-facepalm-facepalm-jesus-epic-.jpg

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
i wouldnt say a great deal on here as not many will bother fitting them. if its all new take it back or try ebay

Trophy #392
I don't no if it would be worth the hastle of selling it buying a ph1 airbox etc, I might use the power analyser on the rstuner to see how it affects performance.....

182 cup
I had a Ph1 airbox and filter with samco bend, I got rid of the box and replaced it with a K&N cone.

Its not all about power for me, the K&N sounds miles better than the Ph1 setup and continues to put a smile on my face.

It all depends on wha the owner wants, if its more noise then chuck a cone on but if it is power your after then inlets and a panel if the cheap way forward

Mike

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Unless you get a decent feed to it and keep the pipe straight entering the filter (impossible pretty much) then you will lose power usually!

260% JCW
I had a Ph1 airbox and filter with samco bend, I got rid of the box and replaced it with a K&N cone.

Its not all about power for me, the K&N sounds miles better than the Ph1 setup and continues to put a smile on my face.

It all depends on wha the owner wants, if its more noise then chuck a cone on but if it is power your after then inlets and a panel if the cheap way forward

Mike

^^This,

Bought mine when the Viper first came out before all the dyno testing at JMS. It makes a great noise and TBH id rather put the money towards the JMS Rs2 than f**k about buying another filter.