ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this a good buy?

BMW Z4
I was in jessops and asked for some advice i was told about this lense "Tamron AF 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2 Nikon+Motor"- I am wanting a lense for motorsport photography for my friends racing, at knockhill youre not too far away from the track so reading the reviews that the qyuality is quite soft above 200 isnt a major concern. For the price(£119) and the fact i am just a beginner is it a good safe buy or should i go for the exact same lense but its nikon for £430

Sorry if there has been a review or a previous thread i posted this from my phone and couldnt find any. If any of you can be a help it would be much appreciated as im looking to buy very soon.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Once Instead of buying Coco pops, i bought Asdas choco pops.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
For the money i enjoyed the chocos. In all honesty Coco pops would have been nicer. But you see, i add them to weetabix, so it doesn't really bother me. However if i ate the cereal in isolation i would have chosen Kellogs.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
i think we use that lense on our canon i have found it to be quite good but i am no photography expert

"Navy" N17 TWO
^ It's the lens then! ;)

I had a Tamron lens on my old D40 - it required lenses with their own focusing motor too.
Great lens for the money and got some good trackday shots with it too, which is what you're after isn't it? :)

BMW Z4
^ It's the lens then! ;)

I had a Tamron lens on my old D40 - it required lenses with their own focusing motor too.
Great lens for the money and got some good trackday shots with it too, which is what you're after isn't it? :)

Im sure it has an AF motor in it? either that or ive confused myself with reading too many reviews.
Yeah trackdays are what im looking to use it for but im not getting paid for my work so cant afford to splash the cash on an expensive one. The guy in jessops uses the exact lense and reccomends it just wanted to see what the CS experts thought ;)

172cup
Its a very good lens for the price i use it on my nikon d3000
Heres one from cadwell.

4964388169_12abd0342a_z.png

172cup
Couple pics showing fully zoomed in and out, very good for trackdays iv never found i need to go up to 300mm.

Shity pics but you get the idea

26d19ed4.jpg

ac5c3e60.jpg

7ea77f14.jpg

c3286bb9.jpg

d86d1672.jpg

cd1f90ce.jpg

BMW Z4
Thanks mate great help, think you have just made my mind up for me and I'm glad next track day is this Sunday :)