ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this even possible? Am I just stupid? Halp!

Right, I've finally got around to updating my first gen Mac Mini to Leopard from Tiger, after getting hold of a copy.

Just gone to install it, and the drive spat it straight back out. (meaning its borked, right?)

Went and found out my old external drive, blew the dust off it, plugged it in, and then realised that it's actually an external CDR drive. Not DVD. Peenarse.

So, then tried plugging my Macbook Air superdrive in it, and it kept its lips sealed so I couldn't so much as think of putting a disk in. Sneaky b*****ds.

Then hooked up the superdrive to my Air, and tried to look for some remote install option. Now it's there, but only on the mac mini, and not on the Air as it was discontinued in Lion - and I don't think it'd work that way round anyway.

I have no idea how I'm going to go about updating it now, without going out and buying a new external DVD drive that'll get used for installing this then never again.

I'm not super desperate for it tbh, the mini is just essentially a mini music server, holding all my music through iTunes - and it would have been nice to be able to access it via my Apple Tv.

Any ideas, fellow applewhores?

Put the mini in target disk mode and run a firewire cable to the Air then install it on the firewire drive.