ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is this just an induction kit?...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eqFqwxidF5g&feature=related

i was jus wonderin because theres nuffin in the guys description of the vid, is this an induction sound or is there sum kind of exhaust do u think?
im hoping this is a k&n sound because thats the sound im after just nobody seems to have any videos of non rs clios with just i.k on them?...i dont want one if it doesent really make this noise because, im not fussed really about performance, its only my first car and is only a 1.2..

i have a clio 1.2 16v dynamique 2002...i think its very similar to the one in this video...

plz help... thanks in advance, jak

wait and see ;)
yeh mate thats just an IK, the 1.2's sound great with them on few lads i know have them

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
That video is of a 1.2 8v by the sound of it.

Your 1.2 16v will sound gash in comparison. They always do, trust me, i had one.

mines got that dodgy shape airbox thin blak plastic rectangle with an air feed pipe comin out of it on right of engine, i think its the earlier one being an 02?? wud that be rite?

will it sound any gud...will it sound like the 1 in the vid if i get a k&n 57i on it?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Both versions of the 1.2 16v engine use that design, the airbox on the later model (2004 on) is larger though, with a different feed.

Both will sound different to the video though, it won't sound as "throaty" as the 8v.

RB 182 Cup
thats what it will sound like with just and induction kit, its not very loud as they have some stupid induction system

RB 182 Cup
the set ups dodgy, the induction kit on the earlyer 1.2 16v engine is adaptor plate and filter and the newer engines got the throttle body in a normal position so is a bit loud and direct