ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this my steering wheel control connector?

Jbar89

ClioSport Club Member
  Peugeot 207
I'm connecting a new stereo (a Sony DSX-A410BT) to my Clio 182. So far, so good. All seems to work except the steering wheel controls.

I believe I need to buy an adaptor to connect the steering wheel controls to the stereo (the blue socket below).

IMG-7058.jpg

My question is, is this purple connector the wire which goes to the steering wheel controls? I.e. is this the connector which the adaptor will need to fit to? I can't see any other connectors behind the stereo, but some of the adapters I've seen look a little different and I want to make sure I buy the right thing.

IMG-7060.jpg

Thanks in advance!

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
I have sorted the the above with correct connect2 box an headunit specific patch lead. I’m unsure as to what your purple lead is though as mine is yellow and 5 pin not 2 like yours looks.
659FDA44-F5A5-4F46-B437-CE38C2D3E5BF.jpeg

Below is the correct interface for a 54 plate 182 with the correct headunit lead.
F1175BB1-E385-40C0-A7F2-68BA971FBCB4.jpeg

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
My above post was incorrect as the box didn’t work with the controls, it was for a clio 2 but the older style oem head unit. The picture of the below is the one that worked with mine.
51F8F8A8-58A4-40E5-9E01-8E418E1CA517.jpeg

Jbar89

ClioSport Club Member
  Peugeot 207
Hey,

Sorry, only just saw this message. Basically, the purple connector turned out to be a red herring (purple herring?). I think it might have been a connector for a disconnected aftermarket stereo perhaps.

Anyway, I bought the Connects2 CTSRN004.2 connector for Tuner List Stereos (Without Dash Display), but that didn’t work. I then realised I needed the CTSRN003 (with dash display) model instead. It's all connected up and I get ‘Renault’ showing on the dash display, but the steering wheel controls don’t work.

At this point, I got sick of spending money on connectors and resigned myself to using the head unit controls.

Sorry I can’t be any more help here! If anyone has any ideas why my CTSRN003 doesn’t work I’m all ears though!

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Hey,

Sorry, only just saw this message. Basically, the purple connector turned out to be a red herring (purple herring?). I think it might have been a connector for a disconnected aftermarket stereo perhaps.

Anyway, I bought the Connects2 CTSRN004.2 connector for Tuner List Stereos (Without Dash Display), but that didn’t work. I then realised I needed the CTSRN003 (with dash display) model instead. It's all connected up and I get ‘Renault’ showing on the dash display, but the steering wheel controls don’t work.

At this point, I got sick of spending money on connectors and resigned myself to using the head unit controls.

Sorry I can’t be any more help here! If anyone has any ideas why my CTSRN003 doesn’t work I’m all ears though!
The unit in my picture defiantly works with my 182 showing Reanult on the small dash display and all stork controls working.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
My above post was incorrect as the box didn’t work with the controls, it was for a clio 2 but the older style oem head unit. The picture of the below is the one that worked with mine.View attachment 1569710
Did you need this patch lead as well as the connects CTSRN500.2? I sent a message to caraudiodirect and they said I need this patch lead but didn't mention the connects2 lead in your pic. My original 182 head unit is the update list version.
This is the rear of my new Sony MEX n7300bd.
All I want to do is keep the steering wheel control. I'm not really bothered about the dash display.
Screenshot_20220502_150154_com.microsoft.office.outlook.jpg
IMG_20220429_073119.jpg

Last edited: