ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this normal??

Meg 225
So today i was busy fitting my Bilstein coilover kit and was almost fininshed. The coilover on the driver side (LHD car) was the last one i needed to do and everything went well untill i pulled a bit to hard and pulled the drive shaft out of the gearbox!!! As you can imagine almost all oil poorer out of the gearbox and I think the gearbox is almost empty now. Now my question is, is it normal to pull out the shaft that easy? And now my drive shaft gater on gearbox side is also ripped so I need to get me a new one.
As i never changed a drive shaft gater before, is it just a matter of putting on a new on, put the driveshaft back in and refill the gearbox? Or did i wrecked some sort of clip when i pulled the driveshaft out?
I already looked in the guide section but i can't find anything about drive shafts and it's covers.
I'm hoping for some quick replies as i need the car asap!