ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is this overpriced?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
hmm quite rare still, i think the guys justified.

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
thats the problem though :eek:

i know i will want so much that all bartering/rational thought will go out the window, in which case would i be getting a bad deal? better to hold out?

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
yeh i have read comments from people on here saying prices will drop further, and this close to xmas i can't see too many people being interested in a car of that cost?

or do i wade in now and offer him a grand less than listed?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Meg 250/E36 Touring
An offer is an offer.

He doesn't have to accept it.

If you like it and happy with the price you negotiate, then thats what its worth.

Remember a guide is just a guide! And the value of something is what someone is prepared to pay for it.

Everyone will tell you 'it will drop like a stone' etc etc but if you went with that mind set you'll never get the car you want!

Lovely car by the way. White looks the nuts on them

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An offer is an offer.

If you like it and happy with the price you negotiate, then thats what its worth.

Remember a guide is just a guide! And the value of something is what someone is prepared to pay for it.

Everyone will tell you 'it will drop like a stone' etc etc but if you went with that mind set you'll never get the car you want!

Yep, that's how I look at it too.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Broken Diesel Megane :(
just bear in mind that the new megane is her, with a new RS megane likely to be not far away meaning resales of these ones will drop.

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
just bear in mind that the new megane is her, with a new RS megane likely to be not far away meaning resales of these ones will drop.

so you think i should hold out a bit longer Darren?

i've got no problems in holding on, got my track clio to keep me occupied. i've been looking on ph and autotrader for about a month now, not many yellow or white ones come up, then a few come along at once (the right sort of age and mileage that is)

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Bad time to be selling a car, and if he/she are selling a car that new with low mileage then maybe they need to get a cheaper/more sensible/economical car?

I found that people are willing to accept much lower offers if they really want the car gone, and knocked 1150 pounds off the advertised price of a car I bought recently.

Work out what you're willing to pay, and make the offer - you have nothing to lose by doing that. Just state you are a cash buyer, are looking for a car to buy in the next few weeks, and that their car is one of a few that you are looking at.

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
cheers guys, i was originally looking at cars around the 10k mark, but i reckon i could stretch that further especially if i hold off a bit longer (i haven't taken into account the sale of my 106 either)

i have pretty much made up my mind that it will be an R26, in white or yellow, only a matter of time :evil:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Bad time to be selling a car, and if he/she are selling a car that new with low mileage then maybe they need to get a cheaper/more sensible/economical car?

I found that people are willing to accept much lower offers if they really want the car gone, and knocked 1150 pounds off the advertised price of a car I bought recently.

Work out what you're willing to pay, and make the offer - you have nothing to lose by doing that. Just state you are a cash buyer, are looking for a car to buy in the next few weeks, and that their car is one of a few that you are looking at.

pmsl dont let daniel see this post!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  BMW M3
An offer is an offer.

Second that

Trader Rating - 100%
8   0   0
  Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
overpriced by £1000 IMHO, I've seen Lux Pack'd (£850 option) cars with slightly less mileage go for the same money.

Trader Rating - 100%
8   0   0
  Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Handsfree, Full Leather (Door Cards, Recaros), Centre Front Armrest, Chrome Strip across glovebox, puddle lights, mats, possibly auto dimming rear view mirror (Renault seem to build the cars hit & miss with this).

My old interior for comparison :

RenaultMeganeSport230R26Lux22-12-4.gif

Last edited: