ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this Right?

182 RB FF
Just phoned Renault as i have CD Stuck in my player, push eject and nothing happens, i said its probably just a small job can i just pop down without booking it in. Yes fine she said no problem. Thought id just check so i asked her if it was all under warrenty and she goes well it depends if the cd was a copy (which it is) she said then it may not be as these are different sizes and maybe the reason its stuck...WTF?? Surley a cd player is a cd player??

no - cd's do vary in size (as in thickness of the disc) although it shouldnt be getting stuck - they are trying to swindle you there if you ask me!

LY 200
Lol......They'll try anything mate however i dont think you'll be able to argue the case if it is a copy!!!

New headunit time maybe!?

182 RB FF
Great just what i need 3 weeks before i go away, its bollox though i've used the same Brand cd's hundreds of times in this Clio and in my old clio and never had a problem so i don't see why it isn't just a faulty headunit and nothing to do with the cd. Im gonna give arguing ago and see what happens...

Brad182 said:
Great just what i need 3 weeks before i go away, its bollox though i've used the same Brand cd's hundreds of times in this Clio and in my old clio and never had a problem so i don't see why it isn't just a faulty headunit and nothing to do with the cd. Im gonna give arguing ago and see what happens...

definately argue Brad - they are seriously taking the piss - CD's are desinged to be read by CD players - otherwise whats the point in making them right? Therefore, why would renault make a CD player that couldnt read all CD's - it would be stupid!!! therefore, its their fault for either making a shite CD player or for making one that is broken - dont stand for it! its rediculous!

Megane Mk4
Brad182 said:
Just phoned Renault as i have CD Stuck in my player, push eject and nothing happens, i said its probably just a small job can i just pop down without booking it in. Yes fine she said no problem. Thought id just check so i asked her if it was all under warrenty and she goes well it depends if the cd was a copy (which it is) she said then it may not be as these are different sizes and maybe the reason its stuck...WTF?? Surley a cd player is a cd player??
fpmsl.... This should've been posted in the Worst thing a dealers told you thread !! hahahah
emotlol_2.gif
woot.gif

My argument to this one is simple, If they didn't want copies being played in the cd player, they should've do what Sony did and designed a cd player that wouldn't play them in the first place! :S

This is even funnier than Scutch's jokes in General!! lol... ;)

Clio 182
Copy cd's always seem to get stuck in my Mac but never had one stuck in the car cd player and I use them a lot.

tiTTy & SV650
never had one get stuck in mine, have had errors come up trying to read them on occassion.

How do they propose to get the cd out? Ask Edde how they do it and DIY

Clio 182
rory182 said:
never had one get stuck in mine, have had errors come up trying to read them on occassion.

How do they propose to get the cd out? Ask Edde how they do it and DIY

I kept getting permanent errors at one point, so the whole cd player was replaced under warranty (cd player will only be replaced within the first year of the warranty).

BMW E46 330i Touring
Surely this is rubbish. Why would they allow copied CD's to be read if they weren't supposed to be played in it.

Get your owner's book out and if it doesn't say anything about copied CD's being played then they can't make you pay for it as it's a fault with the CD player...

UR 197, AB 182 FF
That has got to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in my life - especially "they are different sizes"...

You didnt have a sticky label on it by any chance did you?

from Trophy 2 work van :(
I had the same problem in my work van, turns out it was a tape player, thought it was a bit of a push to get it in!

Mini Cooper S sport
Karen said:
I kept getting permanent errors at one point, so the whole cd player was replaced under warranty (cd player will only be replaced within the first year of the warranty).

Mine's being replaced and it's in the second year of warranty, I hope they don't try and make me pay :S

I've got a tape player at the moment while I'm waiting for them to tell me I can go in and get it fitted (along with a new oxygen sensor).

Clio 182
Racing Blue said:
Mine's being replaced and it's in the second year of warranty, I hope they don't try and make me pay :S

I've got a tape player at the moment while I'm waiting for them to tell me I can go in and get it fitted (along with a new oxygen sensor).

Mine was replaced just within the first year and they were being really anal about it, one week later and they said I would have to have a repair instead, they checked on the exact date I'd taken delivery of the car... I think I looked it up at the time to check the policy but can't quite remember now?

172.com ???? :S

Clio 182
Mine is having exactly the same problem, refuses to eject the CD. Just beeps at me when i press the button and annoys me a lot. And everytime i get the car booked into renault for them to have a look at it my CD player fixes itself and they cant find anything wrong with it. They also say that if they were to send my CD player away and it came back with no fault found id be charged £75.

Oh and it doesnt make a difference if its a copied CD or an original, they both get stuck.

Megane Mk4
Adding on, I've noticed certain brands of CD-R's get stuck/won't play and others do the business.
I only use Verbatim Pearl White, as I've found they seem to play best on almost anything.

Pro's and Con's of backing up your CD collection for the car, keeps your originals healthy but the player could throw a dicky fit through it.

182 RB FF
MikeDX said:
That has got to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in my life - especially "they are different sizes"...

You didnt have a sticky label on it by any chance did you?

No, no sticky label i have written on it, its so annoying. I went to Renault on my lunch and they said to come back at 16.30 as they didn't have anybody spare so im going to go back then.

Why does a cd player only get replaced in the first year of the warrenty?

197-I love!!!
A couple of my CD's kept jumping and they were copies-I asked my local Renault garage about this and they told me that copies were a different size and that I should only use 'Proper'Cd's-I find this very strange as other copies work perfectly.

172 Cup
When my old man got his Mazda 6 there was a disclaimer amongst the paperwork saying he should not use cd-r's in the car as they will get stuck.

Use them all the time in the Clio without any probs.

Clio 182
Brad182 said:
Why does a cd player only get replaced in the first year of the warrenty?

I don't know, can't remember now - it was Reevethorpe in Kingston, Surrey who said that.

197-I love!!!
I took my car in because this was happening with a couple of copied CD's-They told me you should only use 'Proper' CD's as they're a differnt size-I can't believe this as works with all the other copied ones.

182 RB FF
Had to send the CD player off its faulty, 3 weeks its going to take right up to my holiday GREAT! no replacement nothing, b******s, lol. she did say it would be done on warrenty though.

I've had this before with aftermarket CD players and disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it would reset it and normally eject the cd. Maybe worth a try.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
There are couple of reasons CDs get stuck.

1. the player got confused by you turning off the ignition while it was playing. The fix to this is usually just to cycle the player, to power it off and back on again. Like rebooting your PC. If there's nothing wrong with the CD but cycling the player doesn't eject it then there's a fault with the player, and if its still under warranty that's Renault's problem.

2. the CD is warped from being left in the sun. That's your fault. Renault warns not to do it. If you put in a warped CD you're going to have to pay to get it fixed.

3. the CD is a copy with a sticky label on it, and the label has peeled back and jammed it in the player. Again, that's your fault.

4. the CD is a small-diameter (8.5 cm) CD. The in-dash player doesn't say it can't handle small diameter CDs, but you definitely should not put one in the changer, if you've got one. Renault warns not to do that. Do it and stuff it up and its your fault.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
lol, this happended to me when i borrowed an LS430. s**t myself that I'd have to fork out for a new system as its all integrated with the Sat NAt etc, not cheap in a lexus.

Switching the car off, kicking the head unit and using a knife to ry and lift it out worked fine. wouldn't recommend it though unless your desperate.

Mini Cooper S sport
Karen said:
Mine was replaced just within the first year and they were being really anal about it, one week later and they said I would have to have a repair instead, they checked on the exact date I'd taken delivery of the car... I think I looked it up at the time to check the policy but can't quite remember now?

I checked today, and it's being replaced under warranty with no cost to me at all and the car's 2 years old in December. I guess it must depend on the dealer. They're still waiting for the CD player to be delivered to them though..

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
If you have a computer with a CD or DVD player in it you'll find if you look closely that it has a small hole that you can push the end of a paper clip into to force it to eject a disk. I expected to find one on the player in the Renault. But it doesn't seem to have one that I can see from looking in the manual or at the face of the drive.