ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is this someone from cs

Nippy white cup

Im sorry Ian but I think your worst thoughts are right....Im sure it was a Cup. It had the same exhaust on the other side as well...each to their I suppose..but certainly not my cup of tea. I think there was something wrong with his throttle pedal as well.... when he was slowly driving thru the crowds his engine kept reving all the time..... And youve gotta love the way the ariel bends on the rear spoiler

Chris

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by Day on 31 May 2005

Did anybody say anything to his face on the day?
why ? and risk a slap back. if he wants to pay for the insurance and cost of a Cup and mod it like a 1.2 its his choice.

nothing too wrong with exhausts and a lot of work has gone into this.

Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 31 May 2005
why ? and risk a slap back. if he wants to pay for the insurance and cost of a Cup and mod it like a 1.2 its his choice.
Nothing too wrong with exhausts and a lot of work has gone into this.
Exactly.

Bet no one, did, but they are all happy to sl*g the car off on here, funny how people get a surge of braveness when sat behind a computer screen

ST

Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 31 May 2005

nothing too wrong with exhausts and a lot of work has gone into this.

Not all 1.2s are modded like that you know! ;)
And if the lad felt like doing that to a cup then so be it!

[Edited by 16vClio on 31 May 2005 at 10:39am]

Nippy white cup

Hmmmm so if someone says they think its good then thats the correct opinion?! I dont think anyone has sl*gged anything off and have just given their opinion....

chris

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

I thought it looked ok - a lot of time and money had gone into it.

fact of the matter is - that car probably got more respect on the day than 90% of the cars on this forum.

The whole "keep it standard" thing just does not work at shows like FCS.

IMO.

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by leeds_182 on 31 May 2005

I thought it looked ok - a lot of time and money had gone into it.

fact of the matter is - that car probably got more respect on the day than 90% of the cars on this forum.

The whole "keep it standard" thing just does not work at shows like FCS.

IMO.
This i why i cant be bothered with fcs. A load of hatches covered in plastic and gash mods aint my bag

Nippy white cup

Quote: Originally posted by halo54 on 31 May 2005

that car is a minter... hes gone for a unique look and hes got one, i bet every1 whos got 172 or 182 has got the same colour, infact the same car! just different reg, it shud b called... http://www.standardcliosport.netwww.standardcliosport.net
Maybe m8...but his is the same colour as mine ;)

Chris

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

I know what u mean mate - it was good to get together with all the other guys from the site though.

I dont go for the heavily modded look either but there were some nice cars at FCS that were a little more "subtle" than that one.

At least he has wanted to try something different with his car. There is no point sticking a standard car on a stand at a modified car show. If i wanted to look at standard cars I would go to Tesco car park.

Why are so many people against people modifying clios on this site?

Rob

Quote: Originally posted by R Springthorpe on 31 May 2005
At least he has wanted to try something different with his car. There is no point sticking a standard car on a stand at a modified car show. If i wanted to look at standard cars I would go to Tesco car park. Why are so many people against people modifying clios on this site? Rob

because 99.9999999999% look sh*te HAS owns the only one that looks good (this excludes performance mods and handling mods)

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

People arent scared of modifying cars on this site I dont think. There are quite a few people who do modify there cars heavily but a large percentage of people on here prefer to concentrate on things that make the car go faster rather then make it look better.

Cars built for show and cars built to go- whatever floats your boat!

modified.made to look stupid. My car is only a few months old and has numerous mods done to it but i would say mine is the former and that abomination is the latter. You dont have to make your car look like some chavved up max power effort for it to be "modded"

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

I did notice that those gull wing doors had scratched the f**k out of his drivers side front arch though.

How much is it for that kit anyway?

Mk2 172 (Silver)

but its each to their own.

some people go out of their way to be different, others just do as some have done before them.
and there are those of us that dont really do anything, and leave the car as it came.

it would be a boring world if we all had to follow the same rules when it comes to modifying!!!

Nike Lunar Elite's

Quote: Originally posted by McBunny on 31 May 2005Quote: Originally posted by R Springthorpe on 31 May 2005At least he has wanted to try something different with his car. There is no point sticking a standard car on a stand at a modified car show. If i wanted to look at standard cars I would go to Tesco car park. Why are so many people against people modifying clios on this site? Rob

because 99.9999999999% look sh*te HAS owns the only one that looks good (this excludes performance mods and handling mods)

A lot do look awful, but I dont think you can say Has is the only nice one.

[Edited by hydeyho on 5/31/2005 1:22:10 PM]

Quote: Originally posted by hydeyho on 31 May 2005
Quote: Originally posted by McBunny on 31 May 2005Quote: Originally posted by R Springthorpe on 31 May 2005At least he has wanted to try something different with his car. There is no point sticking a standard car on a stand at a modified car show. If i wanted to look at standard cars I would go to Tesco car park. Why are so many people against people modifying clios on this site? Rob

show me another nice one with body mods come on show me !!!!! ;)

"how much will it cost me to f**k about with my car and make it a real pain in the ass to get in and out of ?"

"why thats £930 + Vat"

"excellent, while you have the car can you paint "im a fool" onto the bootlid and bonnet for everyone to see, and fit some 20" spinners so i can barely drive the car"

Nike Lunar Elite's

Quote: Originally posted by McBunny on 31 May 2005
Quote: Originally posted by hydeyho on 31 May 2005Quote: Originally posted by McBunny on 31 May 2005Quote: Originally posted by R Springthorpe on 31 May 2005At least he has wanted to try something different with his car. There is no point sticking a standard car on a stand at a modified car show. If i wanted to look at standard cars I would go to Tesco car park. Why are so many people against people modifying clios on this site? Robbecause 99.9999999999% look sh*te HAS owns the only one that looks good (this excludes performance mods and handling mods)

show me another nice one with body mods come on show me !!!!! ;)

I like mine ;) lol

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/hydeyho/b922fdca.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/hydeyho/52dd3de3.jpg

ps the speeding stickers have now gone

Mk2 172 (Silver)

loony youve hit the nail on the head in a roundabout way LOL

some people do this to cars as a show piece, which obviously wont appeal to those who are into performance mods and want a car that shifts...its simple really!!!

its great except the skirts the lights the mobile rocket launcher on the back lol
oh nd it needs lowering ;)

BUT .......
i do like the blue :)

im one of the most strict no boddy mods people tho :)