ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this temperature normal

I have posted this twice, once in the exterior, performance... section but felt it migth be better in here. Sorry for that admin.

Hi

I have just my car repaired as there was a problem with valve four and the heater.

Anyway, before it was fixed the engine temp at normal driving sat just under the first major bar about halfway up the gauge. You know you have that blank bit at the start then the little lines start then you get a big line and then smaller lines again then another big line then small lines and then a few different length ones at the top. Well mine used to sit under the first big line.

Now since its been fixed it sits on, just below or even nudges above the second line. So according to the gauge the engine is running a lot hotter. This is with normal driving again. It takes a while to get that hot but it does it. It also gets hotter quicker, is this something that the change of valve has done or the heater maybe? The heater has been broke for years now. Or could it be something else? He changed the thermostat, could it be that?

I just dont want it to get too hot, it was very hot normal driving on the motorway, I hate to think what might happen if I get stuck in traffic.

Paul