ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this the future of gaming? Open source platforms...

Looks bloody awesome, and their marketing for the availability of Minecraft and Twitch.tv streaming for SC2 means I'm sold!

It's awesome to see how big SC2 is becoming, it's just crazy.

I want one!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
They're going to run away with your money and never, ever deliver. Madness.

This, utterly stupid.

No self respecting developer would touch this. Especially with systems like on live proving you can charge people for content.

Open source = Piracy to developers. If a major dev released a game for it it would be hacked and on the pirate bay quicker than you can say Atari Jaguar.

Evo 5 RS
Clever but nether the less crafty. There isn't a hope in hells chance of this kicking off, the video makes it seem as though they've actually gotten a working platform which is far from it.

Not only that but look at her. What coming of middle age woman would have any actual interest in an android based games console. Her and her husband are taking the internet for chumps

05 clio dynamique
I loved the idea of this, being a college student studying software programming i'm pretty excited. I'll be learning languages in the coming year that'll allow me to create simple games. I might even consider looking more into games design so I can make some quirky little arcade games to release on the androids ouya market.

I'm so excited, and for the £65 price tag it's insane..

Evo 5 RS

The Ouya $99 Android-based console will be as small as a Rubik's Cube, according to the renowned designer Yves Béhar.
“Our console is quite small, around the size of a Rubik's cube, and so it will easily fit anywhere in a room, or be easy to throw in a backpack,” Béhar said, adding that his team is deliberately avoiding making the console look like existing ones on the market. The gaming system will feature a Tegra 3 quad-core ARM processor, 1GB of RAM, and 8GB of flash storage. Games will be free-to-play, and the console will come with a controller similar in size and design to that of the Xbox and PlayStation consoles.

The Ouya console garnered huge support on Kickstarter, where the $950,000 goal was easily surpassed. At the time of writing, the project has 42,346 supporters and over $5.4 million pledged. With 16 days to go, this is a console that is well on its way to reality.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/359383/ouya-console-is-the-size-of-a-rubiks-cube/

ouya-concept.jpg

Evo 5 RS
LOL. That's just throwing toys out of the pram, if it's good enough, people WILL pay for it. That Polish indie dev CD-Red Project estimated through various sites that their game had been pirated over 4 million times, but they still sold over 1.5 million copies regardless.

Minecraft was made available for Android devices in 2011. So far its XBLA counterpart has sold over 3 million copies, while the game has sold over 1 million copies on mobile devices.

Last edited:
  Mito Sportiva 135
I doubt this thing will ever get going, from the simple fact that unless the market was big enough, no developers will bother with it, and therefore no games.

I doubt this thing will ever get going, from the simple fact that unless the market was big enough, no developers will bother with it, and therefore no games.

What?

It's on android - everything will already work, it will just be a case of people specifically developing for this resolution (assuming its not standard) or if they really want to specifically for the device.

Mito Sportiva 135
But presumably you can only play android games - and how many AAA android games are there??! Very few, if any at the moment.

I can't see MS or Sony letting this device ever letting this console get any foothold on the market.