ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this the tdc sensor?

Iceberg 172
Reckon this could be my problem too.

Where is the TDC sensor though? Do I need to remove other bits to get to it?

Iceberg 172
Having said that, £50 for the part, 20mins at their latest extortionate labour rates, a bit of teeth-sucking + VAT may well top £115!! :D

172 Flamer
I have a 02 172 Clio Sport and I think my crankshaft sensor is playing up. Car starts somedays, other days it wont. Is my crankshaft sensor on my car located under the airbox also??

172 Flamer
Ok, I had a look but could see nothing that looks like the TDC sensor/crankshaft sensor. Do I need to take the air filter box off to see it or can I see it with it still there? Here is a picture of my engine. Can someone point me in the direction to find it? Is it to the left of the airbox by the engine block, to the right by the battery, at the back of the airbox or right underneath it?

DSC07249.gif

172 Flamer
OK, removed airbox and found it. Not sure what to clean so ran my hands all over it and wiggled the wires and guess what, the car started first time. Car has not started for about 6 days now and I tried before I took it apart and now it starts :star:

Still have the airbox off and will give it a proper clean tomorrow. However, is it worth getting it replaced as its probably on its way out and will keep playing up or just see how it goes?

Clio 172mk2
mines been like it for ages, unless it starts cutting out or stuttering allot then i`ll replace with new type.

Just clean with wd40. and see how it runs

182 Blue Top
This may be a rediculously simple answer, but if you were to buy the revised TDC and Loom is it just a plug and play affair.

PTyEfDA.png

Does the end of the new loom connect right into the old wiring where indicated? Or do you have to splice the cables where indicated by the red X? Does it connect further up past the X?

When I cleaned mine around a year ago it solved the issue, but now i'm getting the over night turnover problem. It looks pretty tight down there any splicing the blocks with some bullet connectors would be pretty fiddly!

Or maybe it's a lot simpler!? Can someone help? There's no real explanation in this thread about what to do with the cables?

Clio
dragging an old post out... what is the location of the sensor? cannot see it as per pic above which seems to suggest its below the plastic bracket :-(

Any help greatly appreciated.

Car is a RHD 2008 Clio Sport.

Attachments

• clio1 pic.jpeg
    clio1 pic.jpeg
    114.3 KB · Views: 39

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
dragging an old post out... what is the location of the sensor? cannot see it as per pic above which seems to suggest its below the plastic bracket :-(

Any help greatly appreciated.

Car is a RHD 2008 Clio Sport.
Assuming it’s a Clio 2 with an F4R engine, it’s basically under the throttle body from memory. Need to take the air box out of the way.

Clio 172 + Clio200T
Thanks pulled airbox out but its not obvious, unless i'm missing something :-(
Look at the side of engine, see those 2 black round caps ? (For camshafts) ok now point between them and follow a vertical line going down.. until you find where gearbox joins engine. In that point you will find the sensor it has a black roundish connector if first type, or nice blue if newer type.

Clio
As per @hopgop1 above, the sensor is indeed in front of the g'box. Accessible from under the car after removing the tray. A tad fiddly buy relatively easy to access. Quick clean and back in for the time being. Now to source a replacement :)

Thanks again!!

Clio
This appears to be the Renault part number 8200513668. Is original part critical or would something like a MAGNETI MARELLI work just as well?