ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Isle of Man 2022

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
After a couple of years off there’s no there’s no thread yet?

my money is on Hickman this year 😎😜

8D3E0B30-D75C-46C3-90D8-7282AB6461D2.jpeg

Last edited:

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
Hickman will win all the superbike and probably superstock as well I reckon.

Supersport, I reckon Johnston might win again or it might be Dunlop.

It's been good so far. Shame there's been two deaths. I've really enjoyed the coverage through the app. It's nice to see the racing live for a change.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Been really good so far, deaths are rising though, i have always believed if you choose to put your leg over the bike you accept the risks, but if they have anymore the calls to ban it will gather...

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Red flag in the sidecars, hope the people involved are ok.

Can't see past Hicky in the Superbike race, i don't even think he has really been pushed or pushed himself so far.

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T6
Ride or die. Jesus, such a harsh riding environment, but as they say, no one's forcing them to ride. They all know how dangerous it is.

Just so horrible to see 5 deaths this year.

Screenshot_20220611-072645.png

donnylad

ClioSport Club Member
Imo it just seems stupid to give your life up to do that, I’m sure sky news said 5 people have died this year competing? If so that’s horrendous and surely must be more than normal? I don’t watch it and aren’t into it but as a sport it sounds like huge odds for death.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Imo it just seems stupid to give your life up to do that, I’m sure sky news said 5 people have died this year competing? If so that’s horrendous and surely must be more than normal? I don’t watch it and aren’t into it but as a sport it sounds like huge odds for death.
5 deaths isn't unheard of, and it's been a long time since there were no deaths during the TT weeks (1982 I think)

None of them are being forced to race, there's not even a massive amount of money for winning. They are all well aware of the risks

2 of the crashes that led to deaths were on the sidecars, and exactly the same part of the course (which is very odd) so I expect there's something not quite right with the roads there that's caused it

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
5 deaths isn't unheard of, and it's been a long time since there were no deaths during the TT weeks (1982 I think)

None of them are being forced to race, there's not even a massive amount of money for winning. They are all well aware of the risks

2 of the crashes that led to deaths were on the sidecars, and exactly the same part of the course (which is very odd) so I expect there's something not quite right with the roads there that's caused it

Seen some stuff about the wind being very strong and catching various out over a crest, some people seem to think it shouldn’t have been allowed to run until it was calmer.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Wasn’t the first side car fatality due to two side cars coming together and one ended up bursting into flames.

I know the second sidecar accident was at the same spot but not sure if another sidecar was involved

320d
I went this year for the first time and it was amazing.

Very somber to lose five people though. RIP to them all.

Hyundai i40
the road that they crashed on had recently been resurfaced. Ive read comments that it was bumper than it was which could have knock both side cars. Also lack of practices as they were rained off a couple of times and red flagged and it was a pretty blustery day.

Its so sad, but sadly every person that takes part in the TT knows the risks.

5 dead is alot, however we normally have around 10 die over here between racers and spectators. I havent heard of any spectators die so far or any serious crashes that closed roads for hours.

After 3 years off, ive truly enjoyed watching the bikes and the entertainment was top class. It felt a different atmosphere, almost like a new era to the Isle of Man TT races. More younger 'hip' people coming to watch.

2023 schedule has been released and they have amended the schedule for the first time in my life time.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
5 potential chances to practice for next year should hopefully mean people have more of a chance to get their eye in and reduce part of the risk at least