ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Isle of Man TT

Just booked the ferry for TT 2008, can anyone recommend a campsite or things to do when the racing isn't on?

Renault Mégane 1.6e Hatch
Basically when not watching races, keep on drinking! Or check out the sites, just ride (or drive) around, experiencing the island as a whole is the way to do it, see as much as you can. Pop down to Scarlett and see me :)

Rally bus
There's a campsite behind the TT Grandstand, Nobles Park, but I'm not sure it's open during TT week. I've also stopped at the site at Cronkdhoo, near Greba Castle on the TT course which was fine (nice pub down the road too). There's a TT campsite near Braddan Bridge, just outside of Douglas.

If you're not into drinking all day just drive around, there's some amazing scenery and some cracking roads - the B10 from Brandywell to Barregarrow and the A36 from Port Erin to Foxdale are two of my favourites :)

Hyundai i40
Douglas Ruby/football pitch is a campsite during TT week which is situated at the quarterbridge (have a look at a map of course). it is on the out skirts of douglas so its walking distance after a night on the drink.

Thinks to do........it will take you a few days to get bored of doing laps of the TT course

but in tt week

Mad sunday - Honda day in peel and EVERYONE hits the course
Monday/wednesday/friday is Racing all day
Tuesday/thursday normally straightlines up Ramsey with entertainment etc

there is also entertainment all along douglas prom - jet quad, skunt bikes, fun fair & beer tents

its the best week to be over here so id book ya campsite asap!

let me know if you need any more info