ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

It died, but then came back to life and limped home!

Mazda RX8 231
Good morning.... Or is it?
Basically my girlfriends 53 plate 1.2 extreme decided to pack in on the motorway... She said her petrol light came on, then it died a few miles later. I met her and put some fuel in the car and it came back to life, only problem was she had to limp home at no more than 40mph as the car struggled to gain any speed...
Does anyone have any experience of this happening or know whats wrong?
Also, her hazard lights decided not to work! Any help on this?

Cheers Cliosport members :)

Last edited:
  1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Hazard Lights may be the switch itself.

Hopefully someone else can help with the limp mode, have you tryed disconeccting teh batterying, leave for 30mins and then reconnect?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Yes it is, went on mine and has a few other. Think there is a guy with one for sale on too in teh Marketplace section.

Black 172
They say you should never run your car to empty because it'll pick up the crud from the bottom of the tank and cause a blockage, so it could possibly be that (a blocked fuel filter or pick up).