ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

It had to be done

After having my clio 172 mk2 written off 2 months agowhen parked by some uninsured tw*t and losing 3 years no-claims. I have once again been won over by the clios charms, and bought a 172 mk1 in black.

The car has approx 55k on it and is in immacualte condition. Just over 4 years old.

My question is, as the car is on 55k, is it work using something like red x or 10k boost? on it. Anyone else tried using these products?

The car has been and still will be run on optimax. Does anyone else find the accelerator pedal doesnt move quite as smoothly as a mk2, is there any way I can smooth the action.

cheers

The MK1 has a throttle cable, the MK2 172+182 setup is fly-by-wire and has no feeling from experience.

Every now and again I use Redex injector cleaner but whether it makes a difference Im not sure.

Tesco 99 ron fuel clears the cob webs away too!

Welcome to the black RS-1 club by the way :D

Quote: Originally posted by Day on 14 July 2005

The pedal is joined by a cable, much better imo, the mk2+ setup has no feeling.

Welcome to the Black RS-1 club :D

cli0 172 commented on the stiffness of the pedals when he had a shot of mine too.

NIce to know its not just me, who thinks the pedal is a bit stiffer. Nice to have a decent car back, certainly beats driving a 1.2.

Anyone know how many black mk1s there are?

Not sure on numbers, there are probably about 10 of us on the forums that Im aware of.

Dont see any down south just common grey ones ;)

well im oop North and I dont think ive ever seen another one. The guy I bought it off said he had only seen 1 other, in the 2, 1/2 years he owned it.

Think ill have to polish it tonight, just to make it extra shiny :) Anyone got any ideas how much it would cost to get an alloy refurbed, guy gave me 6 alloys, 2 are slightly kerbed though. One spare and one on the car. Dont think the spare has ever been used, and would like to keep it that way.

Thanks for all the replys

Quote: Originally posted by thomo52 on 14 July 2005

well im oop North and I dont think ive ever seen another one. The guy I bought it off said he had only seen 1 other, in the 2, 1/2 years he owned it.

Think ill have to polish it tonight, just to make it extra shiny :) Anyone got any ideas how much it would cost to get an alloy refurbed, guy gave me 6 alloys, 2 are slightly kerbed though. One spare and one on the car. Dont think the spare has ever been used, and would like to keep it that way.

Thanks for all the replys
Waits for Fred to post...

email him on FATBLOTA@hotmail.com