ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITB setup (what size should i go for with my setup)

CRX,205,Type S,172..
in few weeks time i'm starting on a new project and will be putting itb's on my 172 ph1 and i cant decide should they be 45 or 48mm

the setup will be
421 cams
12.6 CR forged pistons with forged conrods
the head is already ported
KTR flywheel
gripper 13x59 with lsd

i was thinking of buying the dth itb from ktec (dont know their size) because they are easy to fit with the gen90 euc... but will they do the job in this setup?
i would like to gain in all rev range since i will not go over 8000, so would i loose some torque with the 48?

To make the story short ... with this setup what size of itb should i choose and what trumpet lenghts?
Does anyone have a setup more or less similar and what HP could i expect?

thanks
goran

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
With the set up you have you will notice very little / if any difference between 45mm parallel or 48mm tapered ITBs 120mm trumpet do give a little more mid range torque, you would need a lot higher spec for it to be really noticable. If you have a Gen 90ECU then the Ktec kit maybe for you but i wouldnt worry they would all be fine.

CRX,205,Type S,172..
On the other hand...
If you have any sugestions on pistons and conrods i would be glad to hear it...
Wossner pistons seem ok but i have few doubts about the pec conrods...they fell a bit "chinese"