ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

itb spec input

markmcgivern

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
hi guys,
Ive recently purchased some k-tec DTH ITB's and I am slowly collecting parts
the spec I will be running is as follows
Gen90
90/120mm trumpet length with smaller rad and slam panel removed
ARP rod bolts
421 cams

im looking for some advice on the fuelling setup and what people advise?
I have read that using 225 megane injectors on this setup is better?
Also trumpet length im not sure about, I have seen some 50mm trumpet spacers from Australia http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ITB-Throt...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f2c751604
I currently have 60mm for the supplied kit so total length would be 110mm

Any other thoughts comments suggestions welcome

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
No need for injectors! 4 bar fuel pressure regulator will do the job and give you better fuel atomisation too. That's what I run on mine with the DTH ITBs, ported head, cams etc. for 207bhp.
This is where I got mine http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-COUP...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2eda5e03ac

Also be careful with longer trumpets. The angle of the DTH ITBs is such that if you lengthen the trumpets you move the filter into the bonnet more than the slam panel. To sort that I angled the trumpets back down towards the slam panel. The longest you can get away with is possibly 90mm on a Ph2 and only 60mm on a Ph1. I run 130mm because of the angle mine are at now.

markmcgivern

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
thanks tom, read your build thread and really like what you did with the hoses angling the trumpets down towards the rad a bit instead of the bonnet. I will do something similar or identical as I want to get as much torque as I can out of them.
does the 4 bar FPR go on the fuel rail instead of plastic one?
Where abouts in north wales are you? im in wrexham

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Ahh you might have a rail without a pressure regulator. In which case it may well be easier to change the injectors as I'm not certain if you can run the ph1 fuel rail without the ph1 fuel pump.

I'm in Llandudno