ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITB's with or without Cams - Daily Budget Build Australia

03 clio sport asc
Hey Guys
I have the Ktec ITB and Computer kit that im about to install on my 182 here in Australia but have a couple of questions.
1- Im on a budget, but is there any point installing the kit without cam upgrades as i want to see big benefits!
2 - What cams do I need and can you provide a link to some where I can buy them and how much will this cost - remember budget (copies are fine)
3 - I have a set of 197 cams are these worth putting in or getting aftermarket ones?
4 - I have the standard size trumpets with the kit - I read bigger may be better, can some provide a link to where I can get some or is this a myth ?
thanks for the help,

Megane I 2,0 16v
Well if you have some itb and The computer already, then i think it would be stupid not to go for some cams. A budget build in my world had been a headwork, cams and a proper exhaust.
Start with itbs when the cams is standard i dont think you get the most bang for the buck with that.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

03 clio sport asc
I agree but cams are 500 pounds from ktec, can't find any locally second Hand, plus another chunk of coin to have them fitted, how much do a set go for second hand in UK? Or is there some where cheaper to find them?

03 clio sport asc
197 worth putting in if I dont require belt change - should have a year or 2 left?

438's are the cams of choice for ITBs or is there other choices I should be looking at?

Whats the cost of a set 2nd hand in the UK usually go for as I cant justify Ktec prices ?

Thanks for your help guys

dan's cast offs.
if you put the bodies on than at some point you will put cams in so might as well do it all at once, saves getting it mapped twice.

just had a 182 mapped that i threw a set of 197 cams in, standard inlet set up and it made 195bhp, can't remember torque sorry but was well over 170. power did spike at 198bhp but when the graph was filtered is showed a good 195bhp.

as long as they are timed well the 197 cams seem worth while for the price.

03 clio sport asc
Cheers Bloke! - What do you mean by timed well, shouldnt they just be set to standard timing? Or you talking tuned well with ignition timing?

03 clio sport asc
ok sorry total noob, does the timing need to be set while the car is tuned or will my renault mechanic be able to install them with the correct timing then take the car to a dyno tune place to do the tune if that makes sense

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
if you put the bodies on than at some point you will put cams in so might as well do it all at once, saves getting it mapped twice.

just had a 182 mapped that i threw a set of 197 cams in, standard inlet set up and it made 195bhp, can't remember torque sorry but was well over 170. power did spike at 198bhp but when the graph was filtered is showed a good 195bhp.

Jesus. Amazing gains from that

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member

so what is the correct timing then?, are any tools available?
Would they work well with an RS2?