ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITB'd 1*2s - Show me your airboxes

Hollidog

ClioSport Club Member
Hey guys, I'm in a 182 on Jenvey bodies with a sausage filter. I want to go to an airbox with cold air feed but I'm not really sure what the options are, I've seen the pipercross and reverie carbon options, but for the price of the carbon Reveries I think I could get something made up. I've got a Polo Rad and the PMS AC delete kit, so plenty of space to work with. Custom, off the shelf, show me what ya got!

Hollidog

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Bozo. I've done a search, but with Photobucket bricking itself a lot of the images have gone with it. Anyone else?

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
for your delectation......

1548341387716.png

Hollidog

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for jumping in Nafoff. Unfortunately I don't think I could get that to work with my rad, but perhaps I could split the top and bottom and connect them with some piping. It looks like yours is filtered where they are split? Do you get much venturi effect?

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I would just go for something like Peugeot fitted to the 306 Maxi if you can get away with it with the rad:

826949-500x282.jpg
474_970413E+Peugeot+1+rk.jpg

Sorry, struggling to find better pictures.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for jumping in Nafoff. Unfortunately I don't think I could get that to work with my rad, but perhaps I could split the top and bottom and connect them with some piping. It looks like yours is filtered where they are split? Do you get much venturi effect?

It is indeed filtered where they split (for ease of service) and uses a standard filter size from a Hyundai Getz I think it is.
I haven't tested (or have the ability to test) the venturi effect but simple physics suggests to me that it should be relative in this case I would have thought

Hollidog

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for your replies guys, appreciate it. There are certainly some innovative solutions for the 306, I think Ill go for something like the below, should give a bit of ram air if I can get a half decent seal up against the bonnet and block off the heat coming from the rad and block.

jenveysfitted.JPG

This is actually the bottom half of a two piece box, but the principal is similar. I think mounting it on the crash bar so its fed by the air coming through the grill and leaving a bit of space for the block to move around it.

Brucefil

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault sport Clio
Thanks for your replies guys, appreciate it. There are certainly some innovative solutions for the 306, I think Ill go for something like the below, should give a bit of ram air if I can get a half decent seal up against the bonnet and block off the heat coming from the rad and block.

View attachment 1403395

This is actually the bottom half of a two piece box, but the principal is similar. I think mounting it on the crash bar so its fed by the air coming through the grill and leaving a bit of space for the block to move around it.
A guy I race against has a slightly improved setup with a rectangle air filter fitted into the bottom part of the box letting even more air come through.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
I like the look of the carbon reverie personally it’s what I’d buy but think as mine is pure track I’ll just run a sausage filter or no filter at all

Clio RS ph2
My cheap design and it works great. air temperature 27-30 degrees.

Attachments

• 129246909632705456.JPG
    129246909632705456.JPG
    640.6 KB · Views: 106