ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITB'd engine running like a dog!

TrackCar & F30 330d
This thread is to see what sort of Throttle position sensor is better for my car.

I started it yesterday and it was running perfectly but the fuel pipe was leaking so I drained the fuel system so I could fix the leak.

I filled up the tank again and started It and it running like a Subaru. Not touched a thing apart from the fuel line. A bit of fuel was dripping on the TPS. Could a dodgy TPS be causing it to run so bad.

If dan from 519 automotive reads this I've changed a thing since you worked your magic on the car a few months back!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
might have damaged the tps with fuel. They're not the most rugged of things. I use a different type now to do away with the trailing wires.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Can you not plug it in to a computer and see what the TPS signal looks like? A working TPS will show a smooth and progressive curve as you apply the throttle where as a buggered one will appear jumpy and unstable. Even simply looking at the TPS value in live data should give an indication as to how well it's working as it should be a stable load site value if you're not touching the pedal.

Mick

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
yes, that's easy enough, but I don't think Chris has the software or the confidence in the system to play with it. Sure I can come over and get lost in Aylesbury again at some point

Trafic 140dci
It's Omex iirc, easy to check the TPS using map 3000, but if Dan is offering to come have a look for Chris, i think that's an offer he can't turn down.

ITB'd 172 POPTART
I get this when after time the boddies need a good balance as over time the give in the adjusters for throttle on each 6kg of air /hour slips. Then it's runs like a dog slightly :p

However on topic I have the omex floppy wired one and it seems like its doing a good job.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Thanks for your responses guys, I meant to say I've not changed anything since dan touched it.

The car won't idle without stalling, I can keep it running if press the throttle but sounds like a Subaru and its a bit smokey out the exhaust.

The other problem I have is my laptops are in Germany and I fly back on Sunday so I can't look at what the OMEX is saying.

How much and what sensor can I update the TSP with?

Dan I might need you to pop over to do a bit of work as I just don't have the time.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
not a lot of cost for the sensors I've switched to, can get a used one off a rover and mod it slightly, or a new one is about £55. Need a 3 pin mini-timer plug though