ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITB'd Ph1 Vs 350z

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
350Z'S aren't that fast lol Plus if that spec is right that clio has had a lot of money thrown at it. Hi comp forged bottom end isn't cheap.

421 Cammed 172
Videos pretty crap TBH. Needed a quicker car to film it.

However, a very nice suprise for the 350Z.

Cro

Meg'd r27
I would have thought with a spec like that it would have ben ALOT quicker, no?

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
I would have thought with a spec like that it would have ben ALOT quicker, no?

Depends, Tbh if he has gone for forged internals i can not see why he hasnt had Cams put in, tbh it doesnt look rapid just quick.

172 phII
That clio is my m8s car, got full spec engine rebuild ( the lot- cams, ITBs, pistons etc. ) and runs on standalone.
Trust me, that car is seriously quick! What that car is missing is a custom mapping that still needs to be finished and a set of slicks as now grip is an issue. People that are involved in the project have the skills, money,tools and knowledge - its just a matter of fine tuning it.

Camera car is a stock R26, just for comparison ;)

Oh yeah - its Croatia and I cant wait to go back home from this boring country that they call Switzerland and have some fun :D

172 phII
After seeing who made the video I am not sure anymore that the camera car is a R26, usually when those boys are filming it is. Can some of the megane owners recognize is it or not from the cabin details?

Fro the ppl who are mentioning the financial side, some things are worth saying - that car is a sort of a pride and joy of our small clio tuning scene in Croatia. Most of the work around that car is being made on a friendly basis and people who did actuall work are very skilled and knowledable meaning they sorced the best parts for the best available price (e.g. ITB kit is an used one obtained from this forum, headwork was made by a family member-best guy for the job accidently :), flywheel ahs been lightened in our m8 firm for no cost etc.) and labour cost is significantly cheaper then in UK (this was made also on a frindly basis, no hours were counted...)

2 conneh - poinlless video? I found it very interesting, but thats just me - I like these things :cool:
To throw the same money on 350z? First, you have to have one. How much is 350Z and how much is an used phI 8 years old? ;)

You just cant put a price on beating a 350Z with a poor mans clio :D

I know what you mean, maybe i was abit harsh. Its not THAT pointless, but still... modified vs standard is pretty pointles.

Anyway, i know what i would rather roll in.

Nippy white cup
But why do people modify their cars for power...not to beat similar cars but beat more expensive/powerful/expensive cars.....although imo I would have expected with those mods to have beaten the nissan more comprehensively

Chris

53 Clio's & counting
thing is how do we know the Z wasn't modded?

need to find the full story before making statements tbf

Ph1
Hang on a min lets put it into prospective.

Dosent the 350Z has 300bhp? standard plus a extra 500 more CC's? where by the Clio wont have more than 250, probably more like 230ish running cams and TB's.

That to me is one impressive Clio

53 Clio's & counting
Hang on a min lets put it into prospective.

Dosent the 350Z has 300bhp? standard plus a extra 500 more CC's? where by the Clio wont have more than 250, probably more like 230ish running cams and TB's.

That to me is one impressive Clio

less than that if its not been set up matey

Z4
350z isnt the fastest thing in the world, its got a lovely spread of torque and it looks and sounds the nuts. I know what I'd prefer...

The zed weighs about the same as a double decker bus mind..

172 Cup
With a clio running that spec I would have thought it would have been a little more one sided!! But saying that you can't really see the gap as they get further down the road.

172 phII
Just got back home and I have a conformation, camera car was a R26 indeed.

How quick is that particular 350 and his driver best is described by a 13.8 on 1/4 mile on street tires - every time he drove ( road surface, not that fancy Santa Pod stuff :rasp: )

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Z's aren't that fast? A std 172 vs one wouldn't have much of a gap from 30 to 100.

Like ali said earlier, a Tuned 172 vs a STD 172 had about 5ft in it.

At the end of that vid the Z was pulling away.