ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

itg filter fitted

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

fitted my itg panel filter to the cup on saturday and took out the cold air feed from the airbox and now have it sitting about an inch from the airbox as advised by a couple of people on here. what a difference!! it now sounds really throaty at 3500rpm and upwards, really nice induction roar, cant believe the difference just from removing the pipe. i would recommend it to anyone.

there is an induction roar from a panel filter? where to get one... ITG seems to be the way to go for direct replacement heh ;)

Ive got an ITG panel in.

You do get increased sound when you disconnect pipes as you lose some of the deadening.

I dont get what pipe you mean tho, cos they both snake towards the outside so if you disconnected youd get hot air from the engine bay?

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

thats how ive got mine.it does sound a lot better than standard and its still getting the cold air supply

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

if it has i havent noticed, ask the valver driver i blew away earlier today;)

Quote: Originally posted by yeecup on 04 May 2004

if it has i havent noticed, ask the valver driver i blew away earlier today;)
YOUR IN A CUP! lol

Heath Robinson....do a search lol....youll love his ideas!

Quote: Originally posted by steve a on 04 May 2004

That will still lose performance though, as its sucking in air from the engine bay.
Maybe it might lose performance, it is negligable though, and gained again with the ITG panel filter (again negligable).

The noise is increased slightly over the std configuration(sp?).

All-in-all, an easy DIY sugestion, thats all! ;)

anyone knows which ITG replacement filter model is compatible to the mk1 Clio 172? I need to place my order from overseas, so no room for errors. ;)Thanks.