ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITG Maxogen - What's so good about it?

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
its made from carbon fibre!

end of thread :D

btw i may have an itg carbon fibre air box for sale very soon ;)

no filter, brackets or pipework though

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
It is a K&N filter.

Lovely bit of kit, i had one of the first generation maxogens! Lovely note and decent gains!

Formally Clio 182
I'm just thinking performance wise really?

If something as small as that being carbon fibre is going to make much weight difference really although it just looks nice.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
performance gains are minimal...As with all IK's. More for note and "The best of the bunch!"

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Read big air filter and induction kit test in this months performance tuner magazine done on a 172cup draw your own conclusions from that.:D

Last edited:
  Clio 172 mk2
Carbon construction definately has to puch the price up.

Probably a great bit of kit to go with lot of other modifications

Ph1
The price is due to the poncy finish, just buy a V6 airbox - does the same ;)

Thats strange, last time i looked they also did a cheaper no carbon version in fibre glass too so your first theory falls flat on its ar5e :rolleyes:

As for ''does the same'', does it really??

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
K&N Gen2 57i got their Vote iirc BUT they didn't test the ITG maxogen so no real Conclusion IMO

Ph1
Thats strange, last time i looked they also did a cheaper no carbon version in fibre glass too so your first theory falls flat on its ar5e :rolleyes:

Why wouldn't it?

When Renault was in the quest for extracting more BHP to create the 182, if the ph1 box design was so good, why did they not retain it??

Putting a ITG filter in a ph1 / V6 airbox might be better than the stock paper item but its no Maxogen in behaviour just because it looks like one.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatisjustis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyman

Why wouldn't it?

When Renault was in the quest for extracting more BHP to create the 182, if the ph1 box design was so good, why did they not retain it??

Putting a ITG filter in a ph1 / V6 airbox might be better than the stock paper item but its no Maxogen in behaviour just because it looks like one.

1st point: There is no listing for a fibreglass ITG airbox based on the AB65 design, ie the one that fits the 172/182. If there is, please point it out ... i wanted a maxogen but wasnt paying £370 :S

2nd point: I have a V6 airbox (which is different to the ph1 airbox in that the inlet is 100mm in diameter for your information. I also have a nice printout that shows a decent 8 bhp power gain (at the wheels) from such an airbox & a cat-back 'zorst - admitedly that is assuming it put out 'standard' power to start with, which they normally dont ...

its all about the race car/Espace V6 air box with ITG filter element :rasp:

AirBoxFinished2Custom.gif

nope, there easy to make with a bit of metal tho

172ben pm me if you want it, ill probably forget about this thread when i come to selling it!

BMW M135i
European drive by noise regs, they had to cut the induction noise down to comply hence why they also fitted the acoustic valve to the Ph2 172 and 182. All it is is an enclosed filter I would imagine a Ph1 airbox/espace v6 airbox gives similar results just doesn't look as good.

Ph1
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatisjustis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyman

Why wouldn't it?

1st point: There is no listing for a fibreglass ITG airbox based on the AB65 design, ie the one that fits the 172/182. If there is, please point it out ... i wanted a maxogen but wasnt paying £370 :S

2nd point: I have a V6 airbox (which is different to the ph1 airbox in that the inlet is 100mm in diameter for your information. I also have a nice printout that shows a decent 8 bhp power gain (at the wheels) from such an airbox & a cat-back 'zorst - admitedly that is assuming it put out 'standard' power to start with, which they normally dont ...

Heres it pointed out to you in the shape of whats bolted to my own car (see photo). You just need to ask them..
I know what the difference is. These topics have been done to death but folk seem to think that because the Renault item looks like a Maxogen it is a Maxogen!! :S The filter system, design, initial inlet design, size are all totally different.

Folk get too hung up with IK's on here, the bottom line is yeah its possible to get gains all forms of IK's, 1 or 2 bhp here and there but the induction system is only one part in a bigger picture of potential breathing mods.

meeebay.jpg

Last edited:
  172//Crap Micra//Bus
Ok, so just out of interest! Mine came with a Pipercross IK on it, it sounds well, but can't really see it improving performance in the slightest... I have looked at the ITG's, but they are well expensive, and as already stated... still won't give you very much! So, back on topic... what is the best? and whats the best price?

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Thanks! And what sort of price do they go for!? And also, would it not be beneficial to remove the acoustic valve!? I have heard that mentioned before!