ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITG Maxogen

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
Where's the best/cheapest place to get 1 of these?? I've got a viper and i now have seen the light and going to fork out for the maxogen.

Cheers, Jaff

Ph1
Go for the non carbon. Slightly cheaper but exactly the same ;)

Probably ITG themselfs unless you get lucky on the bay

ClioSport 172 Cup
I saw the light and realised induction kits are a BIG rip off and a complete waste of time!
Seriously don`t waste your money on any aftermarket induction kit if you want performance gains!
I went through this phase and after running mine on a dyno i found losses in inlet manifold pressure when using aftermarket systems like BMC and ITG Maxogen, compared to the clio box!
If you want gains on the inlet you need to go for ITB's.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Knows. And pocket the £150 saved! ;)

IK's make bugger all difference on Clios anyway. A drop-in ITG panel in the standard box does the job very efficiently!

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Espace V6 box with ITG panel seems to be the way forward.

Had a Simota myself and it felt noticeably worse!

1 of 19 Recaro'd 182 Cups
ITG maxogen money to make your car sound better = more money than sense. I know people on here big them up massively but seriously an ITG panel fliter and CAF will do the job for £200 less which you could then spend on getting your inlet matched and a de-cat. In total seeing you an increase in 5-6bhp rather than a loss.

Well i've had the inlets matched and had the de-cat. Was gonna see if the maxogen made much difference over the viper.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
I would be surprised if you will hear the diffrence from the ITG max when running a de-cat, esecially if you have a full system

rps13
the viper/venom is very good if set up with an identical diameter 90deg bend after the throttle body, heat wrapped with a short cold air feed

MonkeyKnifeFight

ClioSport Club Member
  Rusty Cup
Good thing about the Maxogen is you'll get most if not all of your money back when it comes to sellin up n changin cars, thats how i justified it anyways :D

As for where to buy one i got mine of CS :D

Ph1
I saw the light and realised induction kits are a BIG rip off and a complete waste of time!
Seriously don`t waste your money on any aftermarket induction kit if you want performance gains!
I went through this phase and after running mine on a dyno i found losses in inlet manifold pressure when using aftermarket systems like BMC and ITG Maxogen, compared to the clio box!
If you want gains on the inlet you need to go for ITB's.

GDi's was running over 200 bhp with a Viper a few years ago

GDi also ran 240 bhp with a IK of the open sort (forget the CAF biz and coldest part of the engine aside)

Many cars on here are well over the 200 bhp with mods and IK's fitted

Chris and Nic got a 14.2 with a CDA and very little over mods.

Armed with this, cant see they doo too much harm in the way of performance ....

Ph1
overpriced and overrated

I know you rate the Viper Fred. Now this is a piece of kit thats only 100 quid cheaper than a Maxogen.

Im guessing youve seen a Maxogen? Leaving the peformance difference aside the quality of the Maxogen kit, design and look of the kit is easily worth 100 quid more alone! and thats before you come to flog it for a loss of only 50% compared to 2/3'd with a Viper and thats if your lucky.

Really isnt that bad a value if you look at the bigger picture and compare.

Lionel Richie
its a clio, not an LMP1 racer, sorry chaps but i do not see the point in speding £350 on an induction kit where you could have an awesome setup for under £100

as i've said for years a 200bhp clio with an average driver will be ebarrased by a standard clio with a well trained experienced driver, i know where i would spend my money first!

don't get me wrong, by all means spend your cash, its your hard earned afterall, and we all love cars and are all enthusiasts, i guess my point here is don't assume "item X" is the best because people on here say so and because its the most expensive! look what happened when people thought sod spending £350 on a maxogen, i can knock one up for under £100 from an old espace V6 airbox and a bit of pipe, its not as pretty, but its just as good

Ph1
Iv had a ph1 air box, Viper and a Maxogen.

Airbox was s**t IMO , Viper was the best VFM till the foam tore and i had to stick it in the bin. £230 down the drain. Wont have that prob with the Maxogen.

Spend your money on your needs and what your wanting from your car.

Not much point buying a 350 IK if thats going to be your only mod or if your going to flog your car after 3 months.
Like wise not much point in modding the **** out of your motor, spending £££££££ and only having a 10 pence IK up front..

Lionel Richie
i still don't see what's wrong with a standard pannel filter, grass track and rallyX boys use them and they have a little bit more than 200bhp, the GT3 RSR racers use a boggo pannel filter

O how convenient.

Im trying to arrange another rolling road on that chassis one i went to, but do 3 seperate runs, maxogen, standard box and an open filter moved to behind the light.

Im interested to see what the results would be.

so should i stick with the viper or put my airbox back in and put a itg panel filter in???

Yeah i'll see how much different it is to the viper. I did find the viper gave me better response over the standard box with a itg panel in it. So i'll see how this preforms :D

Jaff