ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITG or Green Performance filter?

Fiesta ST2
I've a standard airbox and was wondering what is better a ITG or a Green Performance filter? just wanted a bit more of a drone as the K&N is a pain in the rocks and I've taken it off!

182,mx-5 mk1,mev sonic 7
wrong. some are worse than standard

probably not a bad idea TBH. better than an ITG that's for sure.

better in what way?

my belief is that i dont want dirty air going in as it can lead to valve seat recesion where the valves sink into their seats due to dirty air entering the engine.

imo i couldnt be arsed messing around cleaning filter then oiling it then hoping for the best i would buy standard and replace yearly.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
wrong. some are worse than standard

probably not a bad idea TBH. better than an ITG that's for sure.

Pisch! On a 1.2/RS whatever as direct replacement panel there all the same!

If we're talking Vipers/maxogens/gruppeM when design is involved then yes i agree there are some better than others. For example the gauze inside the Ramair filter broke up on mine...

Not got a car
im happy with my panel K&N

Can we not have a sticky because the search button dont seem to work

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
I've tried fitting a standard airbox with green filter in it instead of cone filter. Took it on a track day and it seemed down on power compared to the cone filter. I've now got the cone filter back on and got a better airflow to it by strapping the cone filter to the inner support of the wing where the pipes come through from under the left headlight,using the rubber strap that comes with standard airbox. That seems to work really well and the performance is back again.

ITB'd MK1
Pisch! On a 1.2/RS whatever as direct replacement panel there all the same!

If we're talking Vipers/maxogens/gruppeM when design is involved then yes i agree there are some better than others. For example the gauze inside the Ramair filter broke up on mine...

it's not pisch, it's fact. Removed an ITG panel and fitted a piper and gained 5bhp. ITG panels are restrictive, I've always thought it, now i've seen it proven.

ITB'd MK1
I've tried fitting a standard airbox with green filter in it instead of cone filter. Took it on a track day and it seemed down on power compared to the cone filter. I've now got the cone filter back on and got a better airflow to it by strapping the cone filter to the inner support of the wing where the pipes come through from under the left headlight,using the rubber strap that comes with standard airbox. That seems to work really well and the performance is back again.

I've seen superb inlet air temperatures with a very similar setup

Not got a car
Yeah that is a good set up, Simota do a Twin Charger Open Filter that makes the filter sit there, I had one on my 172, was awsome. But very hard to buy now.

Im still waiting for Sanspeed to see if they have one in stock, I would have thought 2 months after asking they would know.

172 Ph2

Have you got any photos of this setup?

Thanks

Golf GTD Mk7
it's not pisch, it's fact. Removed an ITG panel and fitted a piper and gained 5bhp. ITG panels are restrictive, I've always thought it, now i've seen it proven.

Is that the same with the v6/ph1 quick ITG filter? Thought they were supposed to be the best filters around? All the race teams use them.