ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITG panel filter

Clio 182
Hy!I am thinking to change my standard filter with the ITG panel filter for my 182 clio.

Makes it any difference?

They say on k-tecracing.com:"with the original,the engine felt ‘dead’ below 2100 RPM. This ITG filter surprisingly made the whole rev-range vailable,while improving performance across the whole range"

Has anyone?

Thanks!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I have an itg. They do nothing really, you never have to replace them but you do need to clean them. I'd just stick with the paper filters tbh.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
They say on k-tecracing.com:"with the original,the engine felt ‘dead’ below 2100 RPM. This ITG filter surprisingly made the whole rev-range vailable,while improving performance across the whole range"

Hilarious.

53 Clio's & counting
Is it washable, no other advantage.I spent a while on the rollers swapping between standard filter and a big make panel filter - no difference

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Its probably placebo, I felt it pull a bit better on the 172Cup, but the fact you don't need to buy a paper filter every 12K can be good for some people.

Mercedes SLK350
I don't know about a performance filter giving more power, but the engine on my past 172 and 182s definately spun up quicker.

I have used both ITG and Green Cotton panel filters, for my money it would be the Green Cotton filter all day long.

The Green Cotton panel filter can also be cleaned and re-oiled.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
its not so much they give more power, they give consistent air flow over their life between washes, paper filters get clogged up and start to drop the level of air they can flow, new vs new there probably isnt much difference, 5/6k miles later though...