ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITG vs PiperX

Simple question...

which panel filter for my standard 182. Please dont mention full induction kits because they're not needed... just the filter.

Pipercross, or ITG filter?
 
i bought the piperx cross filter but didnt make that much differance tbh.have now got the ik on it.
 
I was told by Andy @ GDI that there isn't any difference between them and the pipercross is just as good. I'd go for the pipercross. Think I will get one at next service.
 
ppl do tend to go for the name as i did for the viper , not going to make lot of difference performance wise , but 20 quid difference isn't alot of money either .
 
Forza ITG :) Tried em both. My experience, ITG filters better and keeps its transmissibility longer. For 182 get a Mk1RS orig. airbox and an ITG filter.
 
Id go for the cheaper option becuase lets face it, are you honestly gonna notice 0.00000000000001 bhp gain / loss ?
 
Id go for the cheaper option becuase lets face it, are you honestly gonna notice 0.00000000000001 bhp gain / loss ?

using your reasoning, i may as well stick with the OEM filter thats in there... which is rubbish.

its a known fact that aftermarket filters allow a better airflow into the engine.
 
I've got an ITG seem alright, doesn't whistle as much now.
 
On the Cup, I've got an ITG panel filter...much preferred over standard...but never used PiperX, so can't really comment on their use or decency.
 
Back
Top