ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Itg

clio 172 mk2 phase 1
Hi i know there is topics on this. I have an early 172 with the round filter am i better off with panel filter or the fatty style one?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
When you say round filter, the standard Airbox filter?

There's a sticky regarding different induction kits, minimal gains if any. The fatty type is ace, cheap too

clio 172 mk2 phase 1
Yeah i have a phase 2 mk1 172 with the standard air box? (round one) I know there is a topic just need some guidance?

The itg filter for the 172 ph1 (round airbox) is a popular item we sell, there is probably not a lot in it between them, the OEM airbox with a itg works well thou.

clio 172 mk2 phase 1
Not really into noise anymore just thought it might breath a little better and maybe a small gain in driveability.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
It depends.

Are you after more performance? Then no.

Are you after more noise?
Then no, ish.

The standard Airbox set up is fine imo.

If your wanting more noise then get a ktec induction kit or the fatty style off here. Search the fatty induction kit.

If your looking to replace the filter for peace of mind or it looks tired then an updated one will be good.

clio 172 mk2 phase 1
It depends.

Are you after more performance? Then no.

Are you after more noise?
Then no, ish.

The standard Airbox set up is fine imo.

If your wanting more noise then get a ktec induction kit or the fatty style off here. Search the fatty induction kit.

If your looking to replace the filter for peace of mind or it looks tired then an updated one will be good.
Bit more performance would be better.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it's louder, most love it. The ktec one is louder again.

The kit is less than £40 so worth a try. If not they sell on here second hand for £25.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Personally I don't rate ITG, their triple foam construction makes them very think and less free flowing than other filters, I prefer Pipercoss I had one as a panel filter in my standard box and have one in my V6 Espase airbox.

clio 172 mk2 phase 1
Personally I don't rate ITG, their triple foam construction makes them very think and less free flowing than other filters, I prefer Pipercoss I had one as a panel filter in my standard box and have one in my V6 Espase airbox.
Did you notice any improvements with pipercross?

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Did you notice any improvements with pipercross?
It certainly revved better and felt faster but that could have been the placebo affect, but I gave my Mum a lift the day before and the day after I switched from ITG to Pipercross and even she said 'have you done something else to this car, it feels faster' and she's a middle aged women that knows nothing about cars.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
17112350601_8b21db8224_z.jpg

16492917283_a1e6a67147_z.jpg

19210433804_2391a260ba_z.jpg

With filters it can be personal preference. I prefer the itg brand over the rest but others may prefer different ones. Dave prefers pipercross ones for instance. Pipercross also do a filter that will fit the same setup as mine.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-89312-p...universal-filter-foam-top-straight-walls.aspx

We also get discount from Opie too :wink:

clio 172 mk2 phase 1
No cable at all. The filter is a tight fit next to the battery so no need to.

Filter was from camskill and elbows was from eBay.
Whats the filter part number or was it just for 172?
Do you have a link for elbow.
Cheers bud.
Did you notice improvement and did you remove the cold air feeds?

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I don't have any brackets or ties with my V6 box, if you buy good quality elbows reinforced with wire they don't deform or bend under load.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I bought the ash pipes but didnt want the brand showing so i twisted it so it was plain black and kinda OEM looking.

Breakdown of the kit:

Breather filter: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300685158785?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

90 Degree bends x2: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310793012250?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=610218955014&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Ally joiner: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321660872627?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

ITG filter: http://www.camskill.co.uk/m35b51s3496p63333/_ITG_-_Maxogen_Air_Filter_-_JC60_67_

I had the jubilee clips at work so i didnt buy any of them. I had some pipe also for the breather filter.

That's just under £80. You'll be able to sell you ktec one for £120+ so there's a bit to pocket but not much. I also used masking tape to the end off one of the pipes as a guide and used a 4" angle grinder for a clean cut rather than a blade or saw. The throttle body end needs to be cut shorter and at slight angle for it all to fit.

Pics of how the breather filter is:

17211800356_f7a5b1c6b8_c.jpg

17051580149_6d877c8a58_c.jpg

17211802246_c3e3d4ed88_c.jpg

The pipe is 90 degrees and ID is 18mm, OD is 28mm. This will fit perfectly with the 15mm breather filter. You'll need a couple of jubilee clips and may need to cut the ends down on the bend for a subtle fit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ASH-90-De...t=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item485cb5041a

17137847687_a2dea68be4_c.jpg

17159056779_8cd1cf3dcc_c.jpg

16722796934_067bbe8663_c.jpg

Hope that helps. I love it and it feels better than standard. Plus it's cleaner in the engine bay and removes the tight fit ph1 airbox.