ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Its been asked loads

Civic Em1, Civic Eg4
I know this has probabily been asked a fair few times, but im looking to get some more cleaning stuff, but dont know what to get
So far i have some of the autoglym stuff like the shampoo, polish, aqua wax. I have the meguairs claybar kit but have not used it yet, want to wait till i get some more stuff to have a proper clean.
I want a proper wax, not like the quick job aqua wax by AG and something to apply it with.
And i want a sealant aswel, just looking really a few things i could buy that are good and what order i would be using them really.

Shed.
Well how far do you want to take this addiction/self indulgence ?

You can always start simple, but youll begin to realise that to get it looking perfect youll have to spend a lot of money. Nowerdays i just stick with AG SR polish and a sealant, still invest in a good shampoo and snowfoam which i dont think is that great !

Bumder With A Buffer
Collonite is a good hard wearing wax although some say it dulls paint. Tbh if u wanted just use AG Srp, followed by Egp (extra gloss protection) then use either the collonite or maybe some poorboys natty paste. That lot is cheap. And will give good results without breaking the bank that's just IMO. I'm sure ul get better advice!

Bumder With A Buffer
You don't have to spend silly money to get good reesults! The srp/egp combo gives GREAT results for piss all money!

Shed.
It does dull the flake, not much and it still gives a good wet look, but if you want a good long lasting wax, that will still look good and to any normal person look fantastic, collinite is the one id go for, i still use it now. Although i do reccomend getting a good drying towel (i used the Turtle wax one, a micofibre cloth) to remove it because its so bleeding hard.

Heres what Collinite looks like on a silver car.

DSC01580.jpg

DSC01574.jpg

Shed.
Would this wax be any good for my colour car?

http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalo...al-Offers.html

What do you use to apply the wax?

Use a microfibre applicator pad, the megs ones.

Yes it would be ok, but i would use something cheaper, the dodo juice range (Ive only tried supernatural and own a pot of purplehaze) isnt great and doesnt last long. Get the Collinite instead, and continue to use Super resin polish if you have it.

Civic Em1, Civic Eg4
I think i will go to get some of the AG EGP then, you just hand buff it in with a cloth like the polish isit?
What was the collinite? like have you got a link to it on a shop or something?
And maybe a link to a suitable microfibre to use with it?

Shed.
No collinite is available from cleanyourcar.co.uk

EGP is a sealant. Polish the car with The Autoglym Super resin polish, buff it off, and apply the egp in (how can i put this??) strokes, dont use it like a polish, wait one hour, and remove.

Bumder With A Buffer
Have a look on cleanyourcar.co.uk

Under wax find Chemicals XXXwax 13.95. Better than the Dodo stuff (value wise) to apply it buy some foam applicators. They are yellow and round and cost shot 1.45 or something??

Bumder With A Buffer
No collinite is available from cleanyourcar.co.uk

EGP is a sealant. Polish the car with The Autoglym Super resin polish, buff it off, and apply the egp in (how can i put this??) strokes, dont use it like a polish, wait one hour, and remove.

I think the word your looking for would be apply in straight lines/strokes??! Don't swirl it like you do polish!! Same for the wax. I know u know that just trying to make it clearer!

Civic Em1, Civic Eg4
So the plan would be
Wash with AG shampoo + conditioner,
Chamois dry,
AG SRP with the AG perfect polishing cloths
Then use the AG EGP in strokes with a applicaor pad, leave it an hour then buff off with a microfibre

Then wax with one of the waxes you have told me about with an applicator pad.

Bumder With A Buffer
One of the better more knowledgable geeks might say some other thins but yeah your process is correct. I would recommend ditching the chamois and getting a drying towel though. Best 10 il spend!! Also of u go to halfords to get the EGP they sell White microfibre applicators which are good for srp/egp application. Think they also sell a turtlewax microfibre kit for a few pound too

Bumder With A Buffer
Might not be the cheaest place but the service from CYC is excellent, and i4detailing for that matter. You can buy it chemical guys I'm ( search google for the site) but I don't know if it's any cheaper. No worries about the info:) I'm still a noob myself!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Use what you've got for now. See how she looks, then when it's finished try something else. Only then will you be able to gauge is the paint has more depth/wetness to it.

For budget, CG blitz sealant (Carwashnwax.com) and Swissvax ONXY will give a nice look!