ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Its come to the point....

Blue 1.8 16v
where i think i am going to have to sell my beloved valver, it has been just one thing after another so far in the last couple of months and i really dont think i can afford to keep fixing it.
trouble is i dont really want to sell it in the state its in, there is a key mark where some little ***t has scratched the drivers door, and the obvious parking dents and a bit of a knock when you put your foot down which is suspected dog bone mount.
Wot price do you think i should put it up for ppl?

120,000 miles no knocks(almost^) or rattles, does puff a blue cloud every now and again
all gauges work
corbeau buckets, sparco harnesses
lowered 60mm
16's
magnex stainless system+decat
recent new gearbox and clutch (couple of months ago)
new discs and pads(last week)
new steering rack and track rod ends(last week)
all reciepts

any ideas wot to get next as well
cheers
alex:(

Rather than get rid, think of it this way - all those bits are new so won't (shouldn't!) go wrong again for a decent length of time.

And as they're pretty major things that go wrong there's not that much left now really!

Keep the faith - go for a good drive and then try it again in a newer car with lifeless steering and crap handling! :)

Blue 1.8 16v
i went for a drive last night and your right i dont think i can bring myself to sell it, just keep going back and forth everytime it breaks i think thats it this is the last time, and then it gets fixed and im like what was i thinkin im never gonna sell it.

oh yeah and the blip receiver stopped working today so now i cant turn the immobiliser off*sighs*,i do love it though, but i hate it, but i love it, but i hate it.......

ex Clio 172 owner :(
I was like that with my old RT. I loved that car but it was every month something went wrong and was costing me a fortune. Went for a VTS and despite trade in day feeling like I was having my legs amputated, a week later I knew I had done the right thing.

Never had any trouble with the VTS and 2 years on from that I've got a lovely 172.

I came to realise I simply couldn't keep it forever and the day would come one day and I thought I'd get rid before it dragged me down too much. I swore I'd never get so attached to a car again. That said, I did miss the VTS for a little while, still do sometimes.

Move on matey.

80MPG BEEZA
i had a patch of fixing and fixig on my current car and i kept thinking ohh should i get rid i got a new gbox in and it still didnt feel right and i kept thinking it was gonna break now 3000 miles on its still going so i know its fine, either keep with it if you love it or get rid and get something newer

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
it doesnt matter what car it is it'll go wrong and it'll cost.. as said you've replaced a few or teh worst things so at least there done and wont bite you in the ar5e for a while..

try and save yourself some money with the car by doing some jobs yourself, if its not got a full service history dont bother taking it to a garage and do it yourself.. having a FSH and not having one isn't gonna make any difference in value not and if it did that money will be saved in the first effort.. when you have some spare cash DONT buy a new mod for it as it'll break shortly after and you'll have not money to fix it.. always try keep some money in the bank for your motor as they alway screw ya..

clio 182 black /gold
Thats part of owning a older car. Like said if there fixed they should last longer :)

Blue 1.8 16v
managed to sort out the problem with the immobiliser today, where the key fob does work and then doesnt work,(damn you leaking sunroof) now its sweet.:rasp:

definately keepin it.