ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Its Finally Here!!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

thats right, the 172 has arrived, just got to wait until Tuesday for it to be DVLA registered etc, and then its all mine!!

Goodbye 1.2!

Gaz 2130

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

cheers fellas, i REALLY cant wait. Its going to be the best car i have ever had. Just hope i dont have problems with it.

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

:D Seriously I have only ever had problems with the interior rattling but that is now sorted touch wood.

Enjoy mate..

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

ill be pulling all of the interior apart soon anyway to fit my navigation and dvd in it, so i can sort any rattles out then.

Gaz

Do you think that using some kinf of Dynamat-like product on the doors and rear panels and boot will help to "soften" the rattles and noises?

Gaz,

Enjoy the car. Have had MK1 & 2. Both super motas. Just gun that engine quickly. You may or not have the odd rattle in the dash (this car is no Merc. BMW etc. etc.) Never had a real prob. with either.

Go out there and give it some. Engines are benched, the handbook is for Rens litigation dept., not something you need to worry about.

Quicker U blow all the cobwebs off the quicker they go.

Mine was dilivered in July, now done 11500 miles and is now (IMHO) much quicker.

Mark

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

i dont plan on giving it a good go until ive done atleast 1000 miles regardless of what people are advising, i dont believe it is something that should be done, and judging the way that i have driven my 1.2 i think i need to treat the 172 with a lot of respect if i am to enjoy the car for a good few years, i am really excited though i think it is one of the smartest cars i have ever seen on the road, and it is like a childhood dream to be able to drive let alone own one.

Gaz

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

I have to agree I think the MK2 172 is a great looking car with the best front of any car, (my opinion).

I assume it was worth the wait?

I ran mine in for 625 miles, and I have no complaints about performance, so far I have seen off a neighbours S3, had a good go against his TT225, and many other nice cars, even had a good run against a 911 turbo on the A5199, now that was fun. I look forward to every rid and especially the weekends when I get to go on my favourite road A5199 to Leicester.

If you want the car to last a long time treat it with respect, use the running in period to get to know it and then enjoy the awsome performace that is at your command.

Have fun.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Gaz2130

~0~

~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~

F:cool:O:cool:U:cool:R

~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~

M:DO:DR:DE

~0~0~0~0~0~

D:DA:DY:DS

~0~0~0~0~0~

T:cool:O

~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~

G:pO

~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~

~0~

GR7

Shiny red R32

Paddy

I am a fast worker so it doesnt take long, I just wish that we had more symbols / fonts etc to work with (please Jas)

================================

Gaz

You have got me confused with Jilly, she has Thomas and I have Jaques!

:)

Hi there, Miks wife here,

I so know where you are coming from, I came from a 1.2 to a brand spanking 172! You will love it! A different class. And a very good choice, enjoy mate.

SJD

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

I went to the Motorshow a couple of weekends ago, and out of all the cars there of similar class/price range, and also including a LOT of ones costing a lot more i can honestly say that the 172 took some beating, the new Pug 206 180 looked quite impressive but still does not beat the 172 in my opinion, it may in terms of performance obviously, but it doesnt look anywhere near as good.

Gaz

GR7

Shiny red R32

Gaz2130
~0~

~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~

T:cool:H:cool:R:cool:E:cool:E

~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~

~0~0~0~0~0~

~0~0~0~0~0~

~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~

~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~

~0~

GR7

Shiny red R32

Yippee Gaz

~:cool:~

~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~

T:cool:W:cool:O

~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~

~0~0~0~0~0~

~0~0~0~0~0~

~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~

~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

I have been reviewing the vids from Craggy and Rhys for some running in tips, unfortunately after hours of viewing and study i have been unable to find any such useful tips. Lol.

Gaz 2130

( 2 more days to go)

i beat 172s every day in my 1.2 using my go faster holes and my nitro injected twin turbo gear knob thingy

~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~

G:cool:I:cool:R:cool: L

~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~

R:DA:DC:DE:cool:R

~0~0~0~0~0~

H:DA:DS

~0~0~0~0~0~

L:DO:DS:DT T:DH:DE

~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~

P:DL:DO:DT

~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~

GR7

Shiny red R32

C~L~I~O~J~O~H~N

H~O~W

H~A~V~E ~I~

L~O~S~T T~H~E P~L~O~T~?

AND PLEASE

STOP USING MY ARTWORK

WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

ITS COPYRIGHT!!

GR7

Shiny red R32

:cool:~ GAZ ~:cool:

:cool:~ MONDAY ~:cool:

:cool:~ TODAY ~:cool:

:cool:~ SO ~:cool:

:cool:~ NOW ~:cool:

:cool:~ YOU ~:cool:

:cool:~ HAVE ~:cool:

:cool:~ ONLY ~:cool:

:cool:~ GOT ~:cool:

:cool:~ ONE ~:cool:

:cool:~ MORE ~:cool:

:cool:~ DAY ~:cool:

:cool:~ TO ~:cool:

:cool:~ WAIT ~:cool:

:cool:~ FOR ~:cool:

:cool:~ YOUR ~:cool:

:cool:~ NEW ~:cool:

:cool:~ CAR ~:cool:

:cool:~ YIPPEE ~:cool:

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

like a big wiggly worm!, One day to go, got to phone later on today to check everything is done and it is ready to be picked up.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Gaz

No doubt you will be doing a fair bit of wiggling tomorrow!

Wiggling in and out of those cars you will be able to dash past!

What colour will your car be Gaz?

GR7

Shiny red R32

:cool:~ GAZ ~:cool:

:cool:~ ITS ~:cool:

:cool:~ TUESDAY ~:cool:

:cool:~ SO ~:cool:

:cool:~ NOW ~:cool:

:cool:~ YOU ~:cool:

:cool:~ HAVE ~:cool:

:cool:~ ONLY ~:cool:

:cool:~ GOT ~:cool:

:cool:~ A ~:cool:

:cool:~ FEW ~:cool:

:cool:~ HOURS ~:cool:

:cool:~ TO ~:cool:

:cool:~ WAIT ~:cool:

:cool:~ FOR ~:cool:

:cool:~ YOUR ~:cool:

:cool:~ NEW ~:cool:

:cool:~ SILVER ~:cool:

:cool:~ CLIO ~:cool:

:cool:~ YIPPEE ~:cool:

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

unfortunately i havent, i phoned the salesman three times yesterday only to be fobbed off and told that the car is still not taxed or registered even though we had arranged to pick it up at 11.00am. I have never been so p*ss*d off in all my life, this has to be the worst ever service/experience i have ever had when buying a car, and i will never be buying another car through Motorpoint again. I am hoping that it will be ready for sometime later on this week.

Gaz 2130

GR7

Shiny red R32

Gaz

That is very poor, considering everything was planned down to the 11.00am collection time.:mad:

At least it wont get dirty if you cant drive it in the mucky wet weather!

Hope it wont be too long!

:)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

Phoned them again today and was told that i still have to wait. The service i am receiving from Motorpoint is quite APPALING.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

This is how angry i am!!